valentines prezzie for the pulsar

Keira

picked it up this morning 8)

probably going to be a complete @rse to fit but once its on its on, need to sort out who's setting it up on the rollers next.

J

jasegould

Very nice...custom made??? Mine might get a wash if it plays its cards right :wink:

Keira

Yep, custom made by H&S in basildon, they said it would be 3 weeks and sure enough it was 8)

Washed mine today aswell, was playing on my test track and it got smothered, looked like it had been through a rally stage 8)

GTIR-LOZ

very nice mate, but your right its going to be a bitch to fit

for my valentines pressie i gave the R a service, did compression check - came up 160, 155, 155, 160 :D and wiried my fog light to the right inside brake light, but so all the lights still work as normal, was quite chuffed

P

paulrandy

Looks goood, had a downpipe from H&S for my Impreza, ubeleivable quality really nice. :)

Keira

paulrandy said:
Looks goood, had a downpipe from H&S for my Impreza, ubeleivable quality really nice. :)
What im most impressed about is the fact it was done exactly when they said it would be. From previous experience with other cars i tend not to believe companies time scale quotes. The worst was 5 weeks for engine and bodywork which turned into 14months :shock:

True to his word Ian had it done bang on time, the quality is top notch 8)

Keira

celm said:
thats a sweet elbo/downpipe.will it performe the same as 2 seperate units
A split dump pipe which seperates exhaust and wastegate gasses reduces turbulance at the elbow, although the chap that made mine reckoned they have had trouble mapping imprezas with a split dump pipe.

if you meant a seperate elbow and front pipe doubt there'd be any difference if they were both 3" diametre, obviously seperate pipes would be easier to fit.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
That is bee-autiful ! Did you have to leave your downpipe for them to model it on or did they have drawings/templates in stock ?

Any noticable performance increase ?

S

Sirnixalot

not trying to be a pesemist but what is with the half moon cut right below the turbo outlet flange? It doesnt look too flow happy but at the same time it doesnt look THAT restrictive

Keira

i thought it looked abit odd myself :?

Just gives you abit more room to get a spanner on, cant see how else he could've done it really, to come out different would've put you nearer the alternator

S

Sirnixalot

knew there was a good reason...no sense in it flowing the world if you cant get it bolted up :lol:

Keira

A better photo showing the elbow part of the front pipe, i dont think it will be to restrictive at all, cant really see how you'd do it any differently as you're governed by the size of the flange as to how you make the elbow, in the other photo where the flange is flat on it does look wierd but this shows the size and curve of it much better,

Its got to be miles better than standard 8)

Keira

How can you have a gay bed ?

If you look closely you can just about see my pink and read spotted jim jams :shock:

Did you get that new engine in ?

Keira

donpulsar said:
That is bee-autiful ! Did you have to leave your downpipe for them to model it on or did they have drawings/templates in stock ?

Any noticable performance increase ?
they had a jig made for the elbow from a while ago. I just gave them the mongoose front pipe so that everything would match up, i'm keeping the mongoose from the decat back.

As far as performance gains it isn't fitted yet :(