uprated turbo elbow please

pulsarmoley

im currently in the stage of making one from scratch, slow progress at the mo. Cheers Bob for lending me that spare elbow as a guide :thumbsup: will keep progress updated.

I've seen uprated 200SX elbows for sale for £99. How much hassle and expense roughly in adapting it to fit a Pulsar? Is it just a case of cutting it, altering the bend and re-welding it?

jeff

ive got a standard elbow (for modelling) and a 200sx new stainless elbow for sale - as i was going to do this mod, but sold the pulsar. if anyones interested?

gtirjoey

ive got a standard elbow (for modelling) and a 200sx new stainless elbow for sale - as i was going to do this mod, but sold the pulsar. if anyones interested?
wish you replyied earliar just bought one.. oh well win some lose some

stumo

DO NOT BUY A 200 SX ELBOW as you will be wasting money.

You will only end up using the two flanges and the metal used is pretty crap.

You'd be much better off just getting one made (or make it yourself)

gtirjoey

already have:doh:
unfortunely my skills dont go as far making an elbow,my dogdy welds would do the gas flow more harm than good:cry:

steve963

suppose a bit of ready bent 2.5" pipe could be squashed at one end then hammered into the shape of the turbo flange

I want to see one with a really smooth curve, the AM performance one I had was made of a few bits so it wasnt a smooth curve on the external radius, even though it still gave really good power high up the revs :)