uprated turbo elbow please

Trip

I am not sure, but AEM do not make turbo elbows. Probably you are after an AM elbow.

P

pulsarboby

did you try the guy i said on the other site joe?
if not then i suggest you do as i did in the past and make your own one up from 200sx elbow

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Sounds like there is a market in it for you Bob to knock out a few of these yourself ;)

gtir_pimp

you get an uprated 200sx elbow and take it to an exhaust fabricator and get them to chop and weld it so it matches the pulsar elbow, as in the flange lines up with the downpipe, etc

P

pulsarboby

Sounds like there is a market in it for you Bob to knock out a few of these yourself ;)
your right there kenan, i could flog loads of them but i just havent the time to mess around knocking these things up as it took me over a day to make my old one which aron aka gtirpimp now has, im definately no metal fabricator:lol:
plus my welding skills arent that great either tbh, but someone like mr pudney could knock these up no problem and they would sell like hotcakes:lol:
i had over 10 people after my elbow when i put it up for sale, and lets face it those aussie ones are real crap quality anyway even compared to my poor welding standards!

gtirjoey

once i have mine done i will take some pics, and if any one wants i will get them made up my engineer is really good and cheap

dencon

I have not seen one. Could these be made up using two laser cut flanges and a standard 3" pipe elbow. I,ve been a welder/fabricater all my life
and could do with odd jobs between now and start of sprints next easter. cheers den.

P

pulsarboby

I have not seen one. Could these be made up using two laser cut flanges and a standard 3" pipe elbow. I,ve been a welder/fabricater all my life
and could do with odd jobs between now and start of sprints next easter. cheers den.
yeah you could do that no problem!
you need to bare in mind that most people are running goose or similar downpipes so ideally you want it to meet up with the downpipe 3 bolt flange.
all you really need is a standard elbow for pattern of flange to tubby and a lasercut 3 bolt flange on other end to meet up with dp.
the sweep of the bend shouldnt really matter as most have disconnected there aircon pumps anyway which was the main factor for the crappy oe elbow!

it would also be cheaper doing it that way as you woulnt have to buy a 200sx elbow in the first instance.
you would sell loads of them i reckon providing the quality was good, and lets face it theyve got to be better than the am things lol

dencon

Thanks Bob. I have a standard one on the donor vehicle I bought to rebuild mine.I,ll get it off and have a look at it. The two flanges would be simple. I wondered if a standard 3" steel pipe would stand up to the heat. My car is not road registered so cannot try it out until next easter. den.