Upping Boost

Keira

Ex-gtir's switchable boost mod sounds just right for you...

nice and cheap, in car switchable 2 stage boost 8)

J

JamesB

AVCR's are best set up on a dyno though - and every time you lose battery power they lose their memory. Profec B's are a simply layman set and forget type - yet still give great results.

D

DodgeT

every time you lose battery power they lose their memory
:shock:

im hoping your wrong, cus your not telling me that everytime you disconnect the battery, you have to set the thing up again!

Davey

AVCR's are best set up on a dyno though - and every time you lose battery power they lose their memory. Profec B's are a simply layman set and forget type - yet still give great results.
Thats not really true m8, the avcr's learn them selves, so you dont need to set them up, apart from the duty, which is just trial and error, so they are(in that way) better than a profec, you dont need to buy a boost gauge either(you do with a profec), cos its got one built in.
And they dont lose they're memory either, they dont have a permanent feed to them, so they dont know if there's a battery on the car or not :wink:

geetee

Profec B's (Spec II) show the boost level also and I believe they retain peak boost figure too.

10% off Greddy at http://www.getgreddy.co.uk/shop/ at the moment.

Or import one for about £185 :)

From that site
Profec B Spec II
[15500210] £290
The all new PRofec B-Spec. II, electronic boost controller is equipped with new easy-to-use features at an economical price. In addition to the two presets, remote switch option and wastegate response adjustments, the B-Spec. II also includes: built-in back-lit LCD, which can display real-time, peak, or last boost (in either kPa or PSI), an optional warning and boost limiter functions and a larger capacity inline solenoid valve for higher boost levels.

I'd always recommend fitting an aftermarket boost guage as well.... just in case :)

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Matt Evans

I've had a bleed valve on my car since I bought it 2 years ago and I haven't encountered any probs what so ever with it. Now that I've read this topic though, I'm a little bothered, as a lot of people have slated them. What are these 'Manual Boost Controllers' that are on ebay at the moment for about £20, are they any good? Or are they also in bleed valve territory?

J

J-GTi-R

Bear in mind that if you put a higher capacity fuel pump in - u'll probably need a fuel computer to bring the injector duty cycles down to compensate for the increased fuel pressure. Otherwise you'll be overfuelling massively.
Not true, the standard fuel pressure regulator maintains the correct fuel pressure regardless of the fuel pump. I had fueling checked by Powerstation after I put my fuel pump in and it was spot on with no other fueling mods.