Turbos... WHICH SPEC 3071?? your opinions please

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Jul 28, 2002
Miles from anywhere
except the flange from intake (2 bolts) and cold side (3 bolts) what i have to check ?
If you were upgrade to that turbo your intake (2 bolt) turns into a 2.75" hose fitting and the compressor outlet (3 bolt) a 2" hose fitting.

i guest that i'll need new oil braided hose.
you don't have to but I would recommend it as it makes fitting the turbo easier and less risky.......

steve

I

iomegalinux

also, is there something about B-B turbo vs journal bearing for the oil fitting ? it need to be change ?

I

iomegalinux

oh, i found an exact picture of the tubby :

Ball bearing GT 3071R (300-460 HP) WITH T3 FLANGE!!! compressor wheel: 53.1 / 71 mm 56 trim center section: oil and water cooled ball bearings Turbine wheel: 60 mm 84 trim Turbine housing: .63 a/r

but the problem it's because of T3 flange it's not compatible with our mani ?

Fusion Ed

I am SURE I can still get a 'bolt on' 3071 turbo for the pulsar from TD. inc bracket etc. They designed that all for me when I sent them turbos manifolds etc to use as a template.

Boost you should have ordered through me (I cant believe people still forget this) for genuine UK turbos for people here I could have got you a better price..

boost

Jan 6, 2009
ed, i got a decent price all in, i will be visiting you after i have run my car in..

thanks