Turbo technics - stage 1 hybrid - any good???

M

mozza

Basically this is the turbo I have on my motor now.
Has 360 thrust bearing and opened out internals.

What I have noticed is that running 1.4-1.5 bar, the turbo drops off gradually to 1.1-1.2 bar from 5800 revs????
whats the capacity of these turbos???? rumours of 24psi have been said but not backed up.

Just wondering if it could be the turbo(which is newish, prob done around 8-10K now) or something else.

C

Crazy

Truthfully Mozza if I was you and my car had a full rebuild with forged pistons and the Quaiffe box I would start thinking about the one Edd will be running and I think Ashills has one too.....................a HKS GT3037 and a standalone ECU instead of all them little piggy back controllers you have and your car would be a beast mate :twisted:

Then you are talking big power 400+ but its up to you :wink:

You have the engine and box for big power so its about time you got the turbo and ECU to match 8)

E

Edd

yeh mozza don't be a girl :twisted:

get the turbo Allen has got as it's cheaper than the 3037 :cry:

the 3037S should see about 350bhp @ 1 bar on a 2.0, i'm looking for about 380bhp at 1 bar on my stroked engine :shock:

it's quite a bit of time consuming getting the things to fit with custom pipework, but i'm hoping that in a few months it'll have been worth the grief

A

Anonymous

what size flange does the 3037 use T25

Inturnal Waste or exturnal

M

mozza

sound!!!! :twisted:

may have to think about the options above!!! cheers!!!

350 bhp on 1bar sounds good! 8).

Need to start saving 1st lol.....

E

Edd

the GT 3037 Pro S uses a T3 flange and internal wastegate
then the 3037 and 3037S range use T25 flange and external wastegate

mozza when my car is done (it'll be years :roll: ) i'll take you for a spin at the local meet and you'll son be convinced :wink:

M

mozza

yer hurry up and get it done 8) 8) ive heard its gonna be mental.

need more cars at the meets too.......400 plus :lol: :lol: :lol:

GINGA

Allen and myself have the gt3071r which is basically a 3037 with internal gate that bolts directly onto the standard manifold and dump pipe for easy fitting 8) Have a word with Allen (ashills) about it i'm sure he could do you a good deal on one 8)

C

Crazy

Mozza wrote
need more cars at the meets too.......400 plus
Sort your car out mate as it is an easy 400+ GTiR with the right turbo & ECU :wink:

M

mozza

Edd said:
mozza when my car is done (it'll be years :roll: ) i'll take you for a spin at the local meet and you'll son be convinced :wink:
Edd- Actually nearly bought an R which had a greddy turbo fitted with external wastegate running 1.7 bar, headstud kit etc, and a 2.2 conversion

Only thing why I didnt buy it, was the condition wasnt top under the bonnet.
:roll:

Knowing what I know now, I may have chose differently.

GINGA

Gary has the same turbo on his car, only real problem is the 4" inlet makes it a pain to fit using stock manifold etc :( though this can be over come with a spacer and longer studs fitted between the manifold and head

M

MarkMc

Edd said:

][/quote]

That a nice looking manifold 8) . Is that steam stainless pipe. I'm assuming your getting an external wastgate for that. Are you gona sit it on top of the turbo. Thats a big mother of a turbo :shock: . How much horse power will that flow 500 600.

E

Edd

Thanks, the turbo isn't really that big...........not as big as the 3240 i'm going to get next year :twisted: :p

the wastegate will be positioned where the standard oil catch tank used to be :wink:

the manifold is an........S14 design :shock: :lol: and has been modified a little to suit my application :wink:

It is far from being finished unfortunately :cry:

I think max BHP i will make is 250 :lol: :lol: :wink:

but seriously hoping for about 400 :wink:

M

MarkMc

Gt3240 That must need to stick out the bonnet or something :shock: . I take it 3240 is half way between 3040 and 3540 so must be 550hp flow. You’d be running tens with that 8) . Awesome 8) . Is that 250hp at each wheel :lol: :lol:

E

Edd

I'm not sure i might even go for a 3540, who knows what will happen next year.

Aiming for about 480bhp ish this year on about 1.6 bar but my engine is quite high compression so won't be able to run big boost.

Next year i aim to lower compression, run tomei 280 degree 12.5mm lift cams, rev to 8500rpm and run 2.3 bar and see if i can knock on the door of 550 with the stroker kit.