turbo elbow

skiddusmarkus

I don't think its quite as easy as that, they are totally different angles so a fair bit of fabrication to do once its cut.Have seen people's efforts at doing this and it turned out to be more work than they 1st thought.

M

markwashington

On the whole they don't come up too often, check out all the wanted posts. The am performance ones come up occassionally and the janspeed ones which are a one piece with the downpipe are like rocking horse sh*t. There is a full janspeed system for sale on the other forum for £450. It's a bargain if you ask me as the dp/elbow would probably cost you about £300 alone. If you're desperate, I'd get one made by a local exhaust builder.

pulsarmoley

Im building one as we speak, ive made a jig so as to get the right angles and hopefully this week start making one. I have heard about using the 200sx one but i thought id start from scratch as i have big size exhaust pipe and thick sheet metal at work. Will keep updated once ive made and tried it :thumb:

johnsy

you can still buy the am performance elbow, send him a pm or email, he's based in nz i think

vss irvine

am performance are shite, put your money towards a uk/local built one.

ive just made one and its not all that easy, especially if you want it to be right and a true 3".

suppose the first one is the hardest.....

iomegalinux

i tried to build one myself, it went well, but this is not that easy, you really have to try it to see that many things are to take in mind.
but that not impossible.
i get a 3" elbow from my local muffler shop, then i got those flange laser cut in 3/8" 44w steel
\\rntssr0\SiteFtp\Public\rhd\flange

if you have a/c there's not much space, you should remove it.
then the fun begin ;)

vss irvine

unless your willing to pay top money i wouldnt make anymore unless its for myself, just too many hours labour involved.

plus theres no point putting a 3" elbow on then stepping it down to a 2 1/4" mongoose.

whytie

Got to have a custom downpipe made to have a decent elbow if not they just dont flow well
as you can see mine flows good

pulsarmoley

I would like to have made something similar to yours; (whytie) but unfortunately dont have the equipment at work to make the downpipe fit into the rest of the exhaust. Admittedly my elbow will be going on to a 2 1/2" system but im thinking anything i can make must be an improvement over standard. Hopefully finish it this week if i get time...

P

pulsarboby

think i was the first to make one of these out the 200sx elbow must be around 3 years ago now (think i did a thread on it).
ironically i sold the elbow on but the guy who bought it bought the pearl car from us recently in a px deal so we have the elbow back on the px car now which is being delivered tomorrow to its new owner.

i remember it took me 2 days of pi55ing around trying to get those angles right then of course welding it all back up, which as said is not an easy job if your not a fabricator by trade.
i for one would never attempt to make another one