Troubles after fitting FMIC + raising the boost..

A

Anders

Yep,

Defo sounds like fuel cut. BTW fuel cut is very harsh as it cuts all fuel, hence the sudden jolt forward. This puts a bit of a strain of the engine internals but it won't run lean because it doesn't have a chance to - the cut is too sudden.

Lower the boost to just below where the fuel cut kicks in or buy a FCD as suggested.

B

bean

Anders said:
Yep,

Defo sounds like fuel cut. BTW fuel cut is very harsh as it cuts all fuel, hence the sudden jolt forward. This puts a bit of a strain of the engine internals but it won't run lean because it doesn't have a chance to - the cut is too sudden.

Lower the boost to just below where the fuel cut kicks in or buy a FCD as suggested.
I'd be very wary about fitting a Fuel Cut Defender, best to find out what's causing the fuel to cut in the first place. Could be a very good reason why the car is cutting fuel, i.e. supply problem.

I think the most damage you'll do is too yourself getting whiplash :shock:

N

N1SMO

Fuel surge makes a lot of noise as it bangs in the exhaust, at least it does on my car. not sure if fuel cut would make the same missfire banging noise.

O

Olly

So does the GTi-R have a fuel cut as standard or not I'm running just under 1.4 and have never had a fuel problem. Does anyone really know??? :roll:

turblio

Not heard of one on the R they may know for sure over on Yahoo
have run mine to 1.6 without any probs but it has a Unichip so its not standard fueling...
Frank

A

Anonymous

im Having the same problem with mine ,, 3000rpm and my head hits the windscreen, though mine is missfiring baddly. and ideas

B

bean

I've got a few things to try fix this fault on mine, violent cut around 3000rpm.

I'll post if/when I've fixed the problem.