tricky one help :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
like I said the timing marks on the cams AND chain line up but cannont see the marl on the crank as not visable
Well get it looked at. It might have jumped a tooth (or more) if one of those washers got stuck in there somewhere. That could lose compression especially if it's caused by a bent valve due to contact.

P

pulsarboby

If it is just the case of a washer it will just be a genuine mistake so ano everything will be fine was just bugging me what has happend that's all
the lol and hand on head meant that you said the engine was timed up all ok!
well if you cant see the crank mark then how on earth would you know that as 2 timing marks on cam sprockets means nothing without the bottom mark being in relation to timing pointer

yes is a genuine mistake but one which will cost you bent valves in possibly every cylinder and damaged pistons also plus theres a good chance you have damaged the chain and crank sprocket also as well as the locator being broke off of bottom of oil pump (stops chain dropping)
on top of that you may well have damaged camshafts, rockers, the cylinderhead itself, and snapped shims....even if they are all in one piece now they could well have strss fractures causing them to fail at a later stage.

basically i would trash the whole lump and start from scratch.

ultimately your to blame because if you knew you were 3 washers short then why on earth did you not try to locate all 3 of them before cranking and starting the engine....at least just turn it over by hand to see if it was jamming anywhere in which case you stop and find out where its jamming and remove the gremlin before you destroy your engine.

so very harsh lesson learned there which should never ever have happened

chrisyleigh

Anop it doesn't sound something small and proberly not but don't think will be able to tell untill engines out and apart but shit happens just likes to come in my direction lol lifts to work and that is working out cheaper tho ha

red reading

I agree with the above from bob and carl, harsh lesson but you may have scrapped the whole engine for the sake of not locating the washers whereabouts!

The question begs why were you bothering to mess about with it when you were supposed to be getting a new engine this month?

chrisyleigh

Bob I did ask if there was any there and he did reassure me there wasn't it could of bin something else but I don't know , and want no till engines out anyways ill let you all know what's gone on and that at a later point, hopefully there's not much damage but won't know

chrisyleigh

There was a leaking rocker cover that we thought might aswell sort out at the time also had a leak , and want to see if could sort out the profect b controller ,

P

pulsarboby

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaz gtiR

@chrissyleigh where abouts in stockport are you? as im only 20 mins away so i could come down & try help you find the problem! im no expert but 2 pair of hands is better than 1!

chrisyleigh

I'm in reddish mate and cars still in blackpool with jon (spiky) had to leave it there for obvious reasonshes going to sort it for me

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Chris please make sure your posts from now on are correctly spelt and in Queens English

Cheers

Gaz gtiR

yep sounds like a plan. mine is off the road untill sometime next year now as my front diff is goosed so iv got to replace that :doh: engine out job i think to sort that so may take a while?? :roll:

chrisyleigh

Can a pulsar be used as a everyday car as I've got it in my head that there unrealiable ? Or is it just my luck and some other peoples bad luck are the mayoritiy realiable?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes. Although I'm taking the train at the moment; I used to use mine as the daily driver. - It's not in a high state of tune, but equally it's not completely standard. It's not driven like it's stolen, but it does see full boost at least once on every journey.

There are really only two times it let me down: when the clutch went (well technically that let my wife down); and when the alternator went.

If anything, it has been very useful to have an AWD car when the white stuff starts falling (snow smugness); you're out and about, probably with 4x4 cars as the only others on the road, whilst other people are unable to move theirs or climb gentle slopes.

chrisyleigh

How hard can it be to type an extra couple of letters in each word ;-) It's just pure laziness :der:
Wt I ant lazy dno wt u iz on abwt lol it jt tha wy nowa dais is hahah oj but yes it is a lazy way but its also a quicker way use youngens these days :D

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Wt I ant lazy dno wt u iz on abwt lol it jt tha wy nowa dais is hahah oj but yes it is a lazy way but its also a quicker way use youngens these days :D
I think it will be about 10:00, but I'm not sure. You're probably best checking on their website.