tricky one help :)

chrisyleigh

Well took a trip to blackpool to see jhonithan to sort out a few niggles , bottom end was on its way out but did a compresstion test few weeks ago and everything was fine, anyways had few things to sort out we took the rocker cover gasket of because it was leaking inside the spark plug area , put it all to gether and went to turn it over and it struggled the stalled then sorted it self out but was just turning over and not starting ...... Anyways check normal things fuell spark ect so we thought we'll just do a compression test and there's nothing at all nout in all 4 cylinders so rocker of and check timing and everythings ok there so now I'm stuck got no idea was thinking piston rings? But all 4 at once? But am sure he'll let me know sum time this week as getin striped down .... But its anoying me because I want to know what it is :( ...

red reading

sounds like the valves and pistons have hit each ther tbh, did anything fall down the cam chain end of the engine?

P

pulsarboby

i ws gonna say the same possibly rockercover washer fallen down bottom and lifted the chain off sprocket

chrisyleigh

Engine still turns over , pistons move and its still all timed up? And that's what I fort that one of the washers might of droped down but I dono :(

P

pulsarboby

nah you aint if thats the case.

you need to be really carefull when lifting the rockercover, i always now remove all the metal washers as ive had this happen but never ever cranked the engine over and managed to get a small magnet down there to lift them out.

they rest on the slipper point and soon as the engine fires will vibrate and drop straight onto chain sprocket and lift the chain then its valve damage on a grand scale

Murff93GTiR

Have you checked the top of the valves incase its dropped a couple valves or thrown the rockers.if its dropped a valve or so then it would still be timed up but obviously wouldnt have a seal to keep compression.

chrisyleigh

Wen me and johnithan put the rocker back on there was 3 missing but we thought they went down the back of the inlet , but jon looked down the chain gaurd? I think.

red reading

So are you going to carry on damaging the car more with butter fingers or are you actually going to have the engine wanted off me?

chrisyleigh

well cars still in blackpool mate and im back in manchester car needs to be fixed first, i havent a clue whats up with it ill leave it to him to sort it out for us

geoff pine

So you drove it to black pool to have it looked at(or was it trailered ) and now it will not drive at all is this telling you any thing :doh:

P

pulsarboby

The timing marks on the cams and chain line up don't no aboout crack as carnt see it

lol sorry fella but thats the quote of the century:doh:

to get little or no compression on all cylinders can spell just one thing

chrisyleigh

I drove it to jon to have a few niggles looked and and that the rocker cover was leaking so we did that and then this happened and bob just lol is enuf to say ha like I said the timing marks on the cams AND chain line up but cannont see the marl on the crank as not visable I don't no if u have to take engine out to get a proper look or wat not? That's why I left it up to jon gd nice guy tho . So bob what do you think has happend there was oil in the spark plug area we cleaned it out best we could before taking plugs out so a lil would have gone into cyclinder but that's not enoth for this to happen surely?

chrisyleigh

So you drove it to black pool to have it looked at(or was it trailered ) and now it will not drive at all is this telling you any thing :doh:
Yes drove it there but the car is knocking a little on bottom end but then this has happened and as I described earlyer happened, so iv left the car there and got train bk down here

chrisyleigh

If it is just the case of a washer it will just be a genuine mistake so ano everything will be fine was just bugging me what has happend that's all

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm not sure that losing the compression on all the cylinders is a problem that is going to be simple or easy to fix; that sounds pretty major to me. - We're not trying to be negative.