Toyota Starlet GT owners club?

paz

He has been very distant recently... and I thought we had something special going :cry: :lol:

Paz

B

bex

JIMMYBACK said:
thats cos it dont get dry rimmed by dooie any more :shock: :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Johneh

LoXy said:
96 onwards its a glanza they are virtually the same engine. £30 optimax to a full tank and thats on 92.9p gives you 250miles if driven carefully, if not around 210. hope this gives you a clear figure. works around 35mpg. That is driving carefully and not hitting boost on 80% of the journey.

Cool thing about starlets turbo's.. they have a standard lo-boost button :D So you can run on low boost constantly unless you really need speed. They're fooking nippy little things too, I've seen him a GTI-6. So for a 1.3 and group 11 i think ? They're quite cool.

turbo_boost

Im sure they cant be group 11 as then insurance for a 18 year old would be more than Bex has said :?:

I read somewhere that they were group 6 :?:

I maybe be wrong :roll:

paz

I don't know what group they are, but I can insure cheap as chips :lol: Less than half the R :roll: :lol:

Paz

Johneh

Bex = female... Insurance for boob enchanced folk is rather cheap ;) (I've thought about getting implants before.. doubt it'd help though!!)
:lol: Im sure its group 11 or close. I know its lower than a VTS.. (Group 14) but its not less than 10. Its Bout £900 for my mate who's 19, thats TPFT on a £4k EP82 (L reg)

M

MrMarf

My Charade Turbo is group 11 so I'd have thought given the increase in capacity and output the Starlet would be higher, could be totally wrong though *shrugs*

JIMMYBACK

MrMarf said:
My Charade Turbo is group 11 so I'd have thought given the increase in capacity and output the Starlet would be higher, could be totally wrong though *shrugs*
keep us posted on the charade 8)

M

MrMarf

Final few bits (ECU, injectors, throttle body, rebuilt engine) are being fitted in the next few weeks, then mapping it up end of January :twisted:

L

LoXy

Ok, well... when i bought the starlet i changed the insurance over from my runneround car f reg honda civic GL 1.4 twin carb. I was ready for the insurance raise but it ended up being £20 cheaper.... so £510 on a starlet GT hell yes :) The GL is group 10 or 11. Iam sure its higher for the GT but somehow it worked out cheaper for me. And yes it does say Toyota Starlet GT Turbo ( import ) on the insurance certificate. Its wil elephant btw. 21 2ncb.

I will come with a new surprise within a month. :)

JIMMYBACK

LoXy said:
Ok, well... when i bought the starlet i changed the insurance over from my runneround car f reg honda civic GL 1.4 twin carb. I was ready for the insurance raise but it ended up being £20 cheaper.... so £510 on a starlet GT hell yes :) The GL is group 10 or 11. Iam sure its higher for the GT but somehow it worked out cheaper for me. And yes it does say Toyota Starlet GT Turbo ( import ) on the insurance certificate. Its wil elephant btw. 21 2ncb.

I will come with a new surprise within a month. :)
you joking :shock: :? :wink: that good news

N

norbx

my best mate owns a starlet. Can't say too much on how much bhp and torque it will have once it is completed through the modding stage as members of toyotagtturbo.com come on here and i don't want to give it away until it's done :roll: :D

anyways, these are really good cars with loads of potential and known as 'mini pulsars' i heard people say before! Personally if you own a 'R like i read on nissangtir.co.uk, u'll go back to one! :)