Toyota Starlet GT owners club?

S

Stoned

Is there an official UK club for the Starlet?

I raced one coming out of Portsmouth earlier and was only just pulling away :shock:
This was running 1.1 bar (315bhp) I did have a passenger and a full tank but all the same I doubt that would make any noticeable difference

I was well impressed with how fast he was :D
Thought I would find out who he was

jonee

r

ive got one of these things :D only brought it for a laugh.

by f.u.c.k. do they go :shock: and if teined up will out handle the R in any conditions.

bold words you may well say. but just try one thats been sorted in the brake and suspension dept and try and wipe the smile off your face after a few minutes.

a good one with 200 - 240 brake will catch you out if you are not careful.

jonee

D

dragonwrx

LOL i raced one twice in the same day wonder if its the same guy? i killed it off the lights he was just wheel spinning lol (he was at the lights before me on his own no cars about etc,as i go towards the lights he actually moved over to the outside lane to have a go :lol: :lol: ive also looked on the forum but he hasnt posted up anything if hes joined starletturbo.com or similar?

S

Stoned

:lol:

Must be him mate. He was a white bloke with black curly hair, not like an afro but something in between hehe. We was eyeing each others cars up in the slow traffic but I wasnt really thinking about racing until I saw him cut someone up so he could be in the lane next to me for the M275 run

I didnt get the launch advantage as we both had to rolling start after the 40 speed camera, but on the drag from 40-100 he was behind me and only slowly falling back, after that I started to lose him quicker so I backed off at 120 and gave him the thumbs up as he cruised by

Well rapid for a 1.3! :D

B

bex

i think im gonna buy one when i pass

£950 for insurance :wink:

its either that or a crx vtec :twisted:

turbo_boost

Bex how old are you if you don't mind me asking :lol:

Im 17 i passed my test and well i did'nt realise that starlets were that cheap on insurance :roll:

B

bex

turbo_boost said:
Bex how old are you if you don't mind me asking :lol:

Im 17 i passed my test and well i did'nt realise that starlets were that cheap on insurance :roll:
im 18 8)

got a years no claims though

and i have boobs... that always helps on insurance :lol:

www.elephant.co.uk im with 8) :wink:

turbo_boost

Thanks for the info 8)

How can you have a years no claims if you haven't passed?

:lol: :lol: :lol: aint got sum boobs that might be a issue :shock:

B

bex

turbo_boost said:
Thanks for the info 8)

How can you have a years no claims if you haven't passed?

:lol: :lol: :lol: aint got sum boobs that might be a issue :shock:
have a sex change? cheaper insurance? :lol:

im insured on the nova that neil uses as a run around 8)

D

dragonwrx

:lol: :lol: thats defo him big hair he had a cap on at the time but was oozin out the sides :lol: :lol: :lol: i tried chattin to him 2nd time dint really get anywer tho :cry:

L

LoXy

i got one aswell, quick little things, just looses out after 90 and grip on takeoff. Need to controll the throttle when u race off the line. handles very well on teins.

Keira

Re: r

jonee said:
bold words you may well say.
know exactly where your coming from :wink:

i drove one a while ago and thought i was going to think it was slow but i was pleasently suprised to find myself my thinking 'f*ucking hell'

tried to persuade the missus into getting one for months but she wanted the ignis sport instead :( which desperately needs some work to make it a wee bit quicker :wink:

J

Jonny H

My missus has a Starlet GT running 155 atm......for a 1.3 they're fooking quick little cars! 8)

Johneh

My best mates got one of the ep82's there are two main sites. I think from what my mate said the Uk Starlet Club was the better one. The other is Toyota GT Turbo. My mate pays something daft like £900 insurance at 18.. Im 20 (today, woo!) which means im almost ready to insure my Pulsar hehe.. thats still gonna be over £1500 though :?

B

bex

paz said:
I like em, I can see me getting one when I need to sell up :(

Paz
by the looks of this thread they are girls cars... ;)

would suit you down to the ground :lol: ;)