Totb

ashills

what we need is someone to try running 2.5 bar on standard size turbo that will do well on handling track
i think mark should be the tester see how long turbo will last lol

MarkTurbo

ashills said:
what we need is someone to try running 2.5 bar on standard size turbo that will do well on handling track
i think mark should be the tester see how long turbo will last lol
I'll show you the stateof my last one that went at 1.5 bar if you want, there must be 5mm endfloat on the f000king thing :shock: :lol:

I did have a thought the other day of running a 2 bar midrange spike and then dropping it back to 1.4 bar, plenty of torque (if the turbo lasts :doh: )

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Lionel said:
i gess theres going to be 2 gtir teams then as the modifiers have there own team ???

Nope Chris Mann wants 1 team only. Will reveal all shortly!

Rishi

NISR227

Interesting becuase the Modifiers club seem to be thinking along the lines of their own team.... coming from what Chris said to Lee, maybe he's changed his mind? Personally it doesn't bother me as long as there are 10 decent pulsars at the event (with more on handling) from both clubs and both clubs at least get a mention in the write ups.

Re handling. I spectated again last year, and it was very very busy as people have said. I know Mo was def running Semi slicks and had his Teins on full hard last year, but he said he never got a decent lap in, the queues were very long. The fact that semi slicks won't be warm enough means you need to give it some on the sighting lap too to get some heat in and then line up straight away again.

I can't see the the brakes beeing as important as normal trackdays, the conned airfield lap is too short, speeds fairly low so fade isn't really going to be a big issue, but you'll still need decent stoppers. Some of the evo guys seriously setup up their cars well, playing with suspension before the event that works best for this type of lap and bascially make the handling their priority. I can't see any R's beating them, but a really low lag decent setup R will be nice to compare for an old un.

R-Type

"I know Mo was def running Semi slicks" Quote NISR227

Mo was actually running on Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres.

NISR227

ahh sorry mate, they looked like track tyres to me when I checked the car out, but then those Yoks are of a slightly similar tread pattern. Does make you wonder what sorted R's would be like then.

Even if one sorted R could beat the odd Evo in the handling it would get people to take note.

What I would like to see is the tuners and company demo cars seperated from the private owned cars (like they do in time attack) but a few have been asking for that for a few years now and its still not seperated. Doesn't seem to be much reconition giving to the hard work and money private owners like the R's have to go through. Thats the only way we are really going to see R's scoring the odd point, put them in private owned classes.

M

micra man

shuold be interesting this year , lloyd you putting your name forward for this year . ill drive the car though;-)

DanDud

I drove my car at unlimited boost for 2days on the standard turbo, injectors and ECU without realising. When i plummed a gauge in it read up to 24PSI! Still works fine now though. Hasnt affected the car at all and i was boosting it a lot! :D

DanDud

Nothing to do with totb what so ever, i was just posting a silly response to Ashhills post about running a standard turbo on a stupid amount of boost and seeing how long it would last. Was simply pointing out that iv done it (By accident).

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
NISR227 said:
What I would like to see is the tuners and company demo cars seperated from the private owned cars (like they do in time attack) but a few have been asking for that for a few years now and its still not seperated. Doesn't seem to be much reconition giving to the hard work and money private owners like the R's have to go through. Thats the only way we are really going to see R's scoring the odd point, put them in private owned classes.
Totally agree, looking at people like RC Developments and Norris, you might as well pay them entrance fee and then buggar off home as you’re not going to win anything unless they all have mechanical failures.

I wouldn't call it unfair as its “Ten Of The Best”, but certainty tunes and home developed cars should be separated to make it somewhat competitive and allow others without £100,000 budgets to compete.

Mr GTiR

As it has been confirmed on the other site we going to be running together to create "Team GTiR".

I'm currently speaking to Chris Mann and Lee from Modifyers. Once we have some more info i'll post up soon.

Hope this is ok with people?