Totb

A

a11ova

i know this maight be stuppid question to some of you but are we entering a team to TOTB this year? If so whats the situation about putting yourself forwward to represent the club? Im gonna get nowhere near the boys in the quarter or top speed run, but i think i could rfair pretty well in the handling course. if someone could let me know would be greatfully appreciated

cheers

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think you're going to need the best part of 500bhp to make the team. As handling is only one out of the three events, I think they'd give preference to cars that could do a good 1/4 and good top speed.

Realistically you need to be looking at breaking into the 10s this year to get on the team. Last years times were 11.2/3s on the strip. This years top cars could have 2-300bhp more.

Only expect us to get a team of 5. We struggle every year and with last minute drop outs, we rarely show more than 3-4cars.

A

a11ova

Fast Guy said:
I think you're going to need the best part of 500bhp to make the team. As handling is only one out of the three events, I think they'd give preference to cars that could do a good 1/4 and good top speed.

Realistically you need to be looking at breaking into the 10s this year to get on the team. Last years times were 11.2/3s on the strip. This years top cars could have 2-300bhp more.

Only expect us to get a team of 5. We struggle every year and with last minute drop outs, we rarely show more than 3-4cars.
cheers for the reply mate. aint gonna have the power this year unfortuantely, but next year i will ( will be looking at approx 450 - 500BHP). Will have to come along and spectate.

pulsar_stu

I always fail to see why we always enter posible/maybe able to run cars in this event?

Theres three disaplins as you have said Carl. yet we always try and get the BIG bhp R's to enter??

Surely if we were to enter 3 BIG bhp R's and 2 with around 350bhp and great handling setup, we could score more points with the lesser powerd Rs getting maximum points on the handling stage??

Then maybe we will get enough atention to get more places the following year???

Just a thought!!! That most people are thinking!!!

Personaly im thinking of giving it a miss this year, last year was rammed and you couldnt get close to the track to see the cars run up the strip.

Plus the BIG bhp R's didnt run, AGAIN!

I know its not the lads fault when thier cars brake or like Jason broke his wrist!
It does get frustrating when your looking forward to seeing them run, and at the last minute they pull out and no-one can replace them.

It will be the same as every year.... Loads of skylines and loads of evos with a few other cars. All the major tuners will be leading and the few privatiers running just behind them.

Myself, i would of thought they would do it in different sections of scoreing, with two winners at the end, one for tuners as we know they will always win, and one for privatiers.

Like i say its just my thoughts. not getting at any of the guys that enter!!!!

its great to see any of them run and represent!!

im looking forward to hearing what jobi, si and mo do this year. I hope Jason and Lou are ready aswell!!! Those are the main two guys that i look forward to seeing every year!!

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
pulsar_stu said:
im looking forward to hearing what jobi, si and mo do this year. I hope Jason and Lou are ready aswell!!! Those are the main two guys that i look forward to seeing every year!!
i'm sure Rishi will be over the moon to hear that :evil:

CruiseGTi-R

I don't think we can ever pin our hopes on any R getting max points on the handling circuit considering the pedigree of other cars.

We'll only do well if we've got the big bhp's boys getting down into the mid tens. 165mph would also be a bonus.

I'd so loooovvve if the R's do really well this year, imagine what it'll do for the image of R's, the club and perhaps even the re-sale values.

Having said that, I saw the guys run last year and they put in a cracking effort.

O

Odin

The thing is Toby that any of the cars that do well and don't break will of had at least
£40.000-£50.000 chucked at them :shock: :doh: .

So anybody watching who thinks they will be able to pick up a cheap R and be running 10 second 1/4 miles off the bat will be bitterly disappointed I'm afraid :doh: .;-) .

I agree with the point about the lower powered cars probably doing better in the handling circuit , I can see the big power boys being very laggy on a tight circuit.

Rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Lets face it, unless they run 2 different classes, which I think they might be looking at something on those lines this year, A Gtir is going to come nowhere when other cars can do 200mph+ on the 1.2miles and touching 8secs on the 1/4. And with 15years less developement in the chassis, we don't realy stand a great deal of hope there.:doh:

Maybe we need a "2.0L on a budget" class to have a chance. :thumbsup:

It would be good to see Rishis car there if he did have a proven 700+, but I still can't wait to see the Bear in action with a proven 620odd on his first tune, mainly so see how they compare against previous Gtirs which I don't think have much more than about 480ish at most.

I just hope all the big power cars can take the power and don't all go pop or it's gonna start getting expensive developing big power parts:sad:

Lionel

I Know in the time attack this year there doing a "club" class where anyone can enter, I think us as a club, We should enter some cars in this and then see who does the best then pull the best cars from this event and get them on the handling track at totb.

just a thought

Last edited by a moderator:

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Lionel said:
I Know in the time attack this year there doing a "club" class where anyone can enter, I think us as a club, We should enter some cars in this and then see who does the best then pull the best cars from this event and get them on the handling track at totb.

just a thought
Oh the shame of it all :oops: :oops:

Imagine having your spelling corrected by Blobby :lol: :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Lionel said:

just a thought

Entry/Payment for Time Attack 2007 Club/Pro classes ended in February! So that idea is out the window!

Rishi

Lionel

didnt see that bit:doh:

Ok how about this.

Why not set out a Day where people that want to enter TOTB meet at a organized track/air field event

Then the person dealing with running the team whith the help from some other`s can see what drivers and car are up to standard for TOTB ?? ok i do no that cost will be one thing as to rent a air field or track dus not come cheep but it would be a good way for seeing whos really got what it takes.

Or even use the nation day as a test to show what ur car really can do just like at pod.

Lionel

Last edited:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Shootouts are ok but getting somewhere that will allow our noisy cars is proving more and more difficult hence why last years shootout was so much hastle...

Castle Combe could be a place to spot the quick circuit cars..

Rishi

GINGA

Maybe if people stopped talking about trying to win it and got on with having fun more people would be interested?
I do agree that lower powered cars should be able to run that way at least 10 slots could be filled and we could see some properly setup cars running on the handling circuit 8) I mean the fwd cars have no chance of winning it overall and most are generally slower than a good 1 bar R over the 1/4 mile, but they still let them run so why not some lower powered cars that can do well on the handling circuit? not everbody wants to watch drag cars and top speed runs all day :sleep:
I know I for one would like to see what a nicely setup R with some semislicks fitted could do.

Last edited: