top speed in a gtir...

gtirx2

pulsarboby said:
14's 161.213 mph
15's 166.278 mph
16's 171.746 mph
17's 179.944 mph your words not mine! think your calculator needs calibrating! (bigger wheels, slower mph, top speed!) :nerd:
Mate and you are flaming the guy that asked the qustion and it seems you dont know how it works yourself;-)

S

slammed_gtir

i cant fuking beleave the replys im getting from some ppl on here! i fukin care mate thats why im asking, and i did do a search and found nothing.

P

pulsarboby

no no no i aint on drugs:shock: fact!!! bigger wheels means faster acceleration but lower top speed! its a matter of gearing.
on a pushbike 5th is smallest gear at rear, pedal slowly go faster.
big gear is first, pedal same speed and pull away quickly
same thing with wheels smaller wheels = more top speed but slower acceleration
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' bigger wheels= max acceleration but lower top speed!
its the same thing as gear ratios, dont take a rocket scientist to work that out!!!
go back to the drawing board:thumbsup:

gtirx2

slammed_gtir said:
i cant fuking beleave the replys im getting from some ppl on here! i fukin care mate thats why im asking, and i did do a search and found nothing.
I think you get these sort of replys from people with the behine there done that sort of atitude when in reality they dont know the answers themselfs;-)

stumo

no no no i aint on drugs fact!!! bigger wheels means faster acceleration but lower top speed! its a matter of gearing.

ha ha what a dufus, it's the other way round ha ha ha ha ha

*points at the idiot*

gtirx2

pulsarboby said:
no no no i aint on drugs:shock: fact!!! bigger wheels means faster acceleration but lower top speed! its a matter of gearing.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' bigger wheels= max acceleration but lower top speed!
its the same thing as gear ratios, dont take a rocket scientist to work that out!!!
Mate i am not slating you but you mite want to rethink that one.
If you left that bike in its lowest gear (hardest to pedal) then put bigger wheels on it would it accelerate quicker??:doh:

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

right last example!
monster truck, slow top end
put some smaller wheels on it and its a lot faster!
bigger wheel= more wheel and rubber to turn, imagine 50'' wheels, how could they possibly reach same top speed as 15's which have a smaller area to turn hence more speed!
your all just ganging up on me, when i know for a fact im right, thats why peeps like to run as smaller wheels as possible, not for looks but for speed!!

P

pulsarboby

stumo said:
* still pointing at the idiot*
dont think so buddy, idiots pointing at you!!! get facts straight, backed up with someone who knows what there talking about:nerner:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
pulsarboby said:

Yup!... Still think you're on drugs....

Forget about acceleration as this is about top speed, and think of it like this for a moment...

The larger wheel and tyre combo has a larger circumference - unless you are using a small wheel and large drag radials...

eg -

14" Wheel & Tyre - 185/55/14
Circumference - 1814.6mm

17" Wheel & Tyre - 215/45/17
Circumference - 1964.4mm

Now for every revolution of the engine no mater what gear, the larger wheel covers a greater distance for every revolution per minute therefor it will be traveling faster at any given rpm...

So moral of the story is - I'm Right!...

Rishi

stumo

Ok essex boy , the figures given to you by Rishi were THEORETICAL, based on the gearing and circumference of the wheels involved.

UNLESS you have enough power you will not reach those speeds.

think about this one....

It's all about circumference, for the same number of revs, the bigger the circumference the further it will travel in one revolution....

does it all click into place?????

or are you still a dumbass?

P

pulsarboby

right that does it!
big wheel with same revolution will cover smaller distance than smaller wheel as smaller wheel will turn twice as fast ie 1 rpm engine 1rpm wheel 14s-28s half revolution= more speed lower size wheel
will see you all on track and back up my theory, if your all man enough for it!!!
or is it just all:yawn: idle talk?
bullshit stops when the flag drops!
bring it on dumbo's

Last edited by a moderator:

stumo

I really can't believe someone is this thick.

You're on your own in the circus this time....

scottyd

Rishi and stumo are right, bigger wheel, or rather circumference, means a higher top speed.

anyways, i dont think pulsarboby really believes what he is saying, i think he is just taking the p1ss, and if he is not, then,:doh: oh no:shock:

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

tell f1 drivers to fit big fcuk off wheels on there cars and they will go like shite off the slippery stuff, going by your logic!
why do you think they keep there wheels as small as they possibly can be, just big enough to accomodate brakes?
im prepared to prove my point, are you mr stumo?