top speed in a gtir...

youngsyp

kenan said:
If this is true then why to the big poer GTRs all run on small wheels for drag racing if they will loose traction :p for example the sumo 34 and the top secret 33
Because they use slicks to improve traction and use the small diameter, lighter wheels to offer the fastest acceleration possible ! There is also the point that the slicks have fairly high profiles so, although the wheel is smaller, the actual tyre has a fairly high rolling circumference. So, the smaller the wheel, the smaller the tyre. There are obviously other reasons to use the higher profile slick tire but, that's a not what was asked !

Just to add to stumo's point, if the smaller wheels are heavier than the larger wheels, this will also be an exception to the rule as, the heavier wheel will take more effort to turn and overcome its higher inertia !

T

tro||

kenan said:
I know :-D
If this is true then why to the big poer GTRs all run on small wheels for drag racing if they will loose traction :p for example the sumo 34 and the top secret 33
so they can fit huge ****ing tyres and to save weight, dont forget we're concerned with the over all rolling radius not the wheel size....

going on the principle of small accelerates quicker....imagine a 14inch wheel on a 1200bhp skyline with a silly little low profile tyres, how well do you think its going to launch and then get the power down once its moving ;-)

it wont go anywhere very fast, lots of smoke and noise but wont actually go anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

abmunro

I seem to remember about 3 years ago on GTiR Owners Yahoo groups( GTI-R.com ). There was a chap ASH ( Hills ) I think he was called did magazine shoot and I think his max speed was 169mph...

But his had full respray in non Nissan colour so was even quicker than the Black ones.

P

pulsarboby

it is true black ones are much faster as the pigment in the paint is lighter so you will save about 3kg in weight which equates to
3kg x pye % by fat bloke driving - small wheel circumference + nitrous = 33bhp =extra 18mph top speed
prove me wrong???

warning! please read
for those that think im serious i would like to point out that this is in fact not true as different colour types will not increase bhp or top speed in any way!:roll:

T

The Troll

Black one's are faster, as you have to polish the fcukers all the time to keep them looking good, hence they will slip through the air easier:lol: :roll:

T

The Troll

pulsarboby said:
it is true black ones are much faster as the pigment in the paint is lighter so you will save about 3kg in weight which equates to
3kg x pye % by fat bloke driving - small wheel circumference + nitrous = 33bhp =extra 18mph top speed
prove me wrong???

warning! please read
for those that think i'm STUPID i would like to point out that this is in fact very true as i'm actually only 8 years old and have no idea wtf i'm talking about :roll:
Thats better;-)

P

pulsarboby

:fu2: thats very very naughty mr troll. another one who needs a damned good thrashing:boxing:

D

Danni

black paint IS ligther than white paint and you need less black paint to cover whatever colour's underneath so really can make a ligther black car than white car but it really is a question of a fraction of a kg ;)
As for stock, it's painted by robots which apply the same amount of paint to every car. Black paint still being ligther in theory though.

D

Danni

I have no idea who or what dr. who is so I had to google it, came up with this....

I do believe this is the very robot that painted every R ever made ;)

OMFG!!!11

i wont 20 inch weels on my pulser cuz i cud go reely fassed has ne1 fited 20inch weels eyt??!??! i wont 2 b teh ferst!!! wud i need a 30 profil tire 4 that to fit??!? wud i need ne arch moddin?!?! fuk me that wud b soo fassed!! i cant beleeve no1 has dunnit yet

200 miles per howr heer we cum!!

wud 1 bar ov boost get me 2 200 wiv 20 inch weels?

A

abmunro

abmunro said:
I seem to remember about 3 years ago on GTiR Owners Yahoo groups( GTI-R.com ). There was a chap ASH ( Hills ) I think he was called did magazine shoot and I think his max speed was 169mph...

But his had full respray in non Nissan colour so was even quicker than the Black ones.

Looking at the gallery

It was not Ash hills ( sorry Ash )

I think it was Adrian Cash that achieved 169 mph

S

Stoned

161mph on GPS. 315bhp, standard gearbox but 16" alloys & 225/40/16 tyres

Nigell_d6

:heh: Well you are all bloody wrong, ive got a white and a black one, and they go the same speed as any other bloody colour no matter what you do to modify them, cos every time there is a meet or anything nobody turns up cause they are all stationery, stopped, not moving, so you can all carry on argueing and winding each other up, cause the top speed of most 'r's is apparently 0

ta ta

Nigel:heh: