think I've blown her up!!!

G

GTIROC_HELPME

Well, took the rocker cover off and there was one rocker sat upside down in the head (inlet piston 4) looks like it's just poped out, unfortunatly its scored the cam on the way out so if anyone has one 4 sale would be interested. bit of a problem tho i found the rocker spring clip,rocker and only 1 shim! drained oil and no show, guessin the pulsar has a baffled sump anyway so that'll be coming off, need to find the little blighter! getting a engine probe and compression tester tomorrow to check the bottom end so not counting my chickens quite yet.

if I can't find the shim gonna end up striping it anyway! still fingers crossed!

P

pulsarboby

:doh: biggus trubbles lol

ive got a good cam should you need one there £30 posted!
still say you have bigger probs at hand though

G

GTIROC_HELPME

I know it doesn't look good but it'll be judgement day tomorrow for her, can i do collection that is if u live in Essex???

ashills

teh shims have a habit of jamming round the side of the head where the oil drains back down to sump normall the one that is toothed

P

pulsarboby

pulsarboby said:
:doh: biggus trubbles lol

ive got a good cam should you need one there £30 posted!
still say you have bigger probs at hand though
yeah no probs fella, im only in southend

G

GTIROC_HELPME

right found the guild shim and it's broken. seems to be a common problem, bore scope showed all is still in one piece down bellow. havin a bit of trouble buying a new shim tho, main dealer didn't even know how to measue it n even then would take 6 WEEKS to get one in (that's valuable R time). think I'm sorted now through hiteq unless anyone has a 5.55 retainer shim they can sell me?

J

jpward

GTIROC_HELPME said:
right found the guild shim and it's broken. seems to be a common problem, bore scope showed all is still in one piece down bellow. havin a bit of trouble buying a new shim tho, main dealer didn't even know how to measue it n even then would take 6 WEEKS to get one in (that's valuable R time). think I'm sorted now through hiteq unless anyone has a 5.55 retainer shim they can sell me?
Thought as much! yeah shims can be a right git to get even if you do know the propper size!