Struggling to tickover

Shaun

;-) Apparently its due to the lightened flywheel mate,at the moment it has settled down a little 8) .

Shaun

;-) Still having the same trouble,i have changed the MAF,Lambda,CoilPack,CoolantSensor and FuelPump Relay and still no joy :roll: ,no matter what gear i am in if i put my foot to the floor the car seriously holds back and the accelerator pedal seems as though its very springy :? ,if i run part throttle it seems as though theres a flatspot at around 3000revs and then seems to accelerate ok,but still only on part throttle :? .I have checked the TPS voltage and it seems to be working properly.I'll change the fuel filter tomorrow to see if that makes any difference.Any more ideas?

Shaun

I changed the choke relay today,made no difference,also removed the vacum pipe from the FPR,it seemed to run a little smoother but was still holding back on full throttle :? .

J

jpward

What states the Plugs in?

They will tell you whats going on in the cyclinder

Shaun

:-D Took the plugs out this morning and they were the right colour(brown),but this could be because i ran the car yesterday without the vacum on the FPR ;-) .I swapped the dizzy over aswell,including leads,rotorarm and dizzy cap,it runs a little smoother but basically no change ;-) .

Shaun

:-D Hi mate,still no joy mate ;-) the idle has settled mostly,it only has a tantrum now and again and the flatspot has sort of halved.It's not as bad as it was but is still there ;-) .I've got some known good standard injectors coming on Sunday,so going to try those.According to my AFR gauge as soon as i go over 50% throttle it starts to run lean,but if i tickle the throttle as its doing this then i can get it back into the rich again and it pulls like a train ;-) all the way to the red line still in the rich and will do it again when i back off and re apply the accelerator at just over 50% throttle and around 3000revs :? ;-) .

Shaun

I've tried 2 different ones and no change unless they were knackard aswell,i'll try the one off my lil bro's car as we know thats a good one and keep you posted.You dont know how much a new one from Nissan is do you mate?

Shaun

:shock: :der: their havin a larf aint they:der: ,sod that,i'll get a SARD or similar off Fleabay for half the price ;-) .

Shaun

Right guy's time for update,it's been a while because i have been very busy and not able to do anything on my own car.Right,i've since changed the MAF altogether for one i purchased off ebay and no difference,i also changed the TPS and all that seemed to do was drop the tickover from 950 to 850/900 :roll: so i fitted my Sard FPR this morning and set the pressure to 3bar with the vacum disconnected and still no bloody change :doh: :evil: ,it's smoothed the running out very slightly but thats about it ;-) .I also tried to alter the tickover as it's a little low and turned the idle screw out about 2-3 turns as it was all the way in and it's not making any difference either :doh: WTF's goin on :sad: .I've also re-wired the fuelpump so that it has it's own fuse and relayed power supply with no difference either.