Setting up Apexi PowerFC and Commander

GINGA

Also does the fc datalogic give a bigger tuning range than the commanders 20/20 maps as they don't give the full load scale on the commander (only reads to about 4 volts on the maf) :?

GINGA

ahh so I could change the load axis upto the max the maf would read then on the 20/20 map :?:

cmng

err
that mean that FC DATA LOGIT software it self
is much much better than the APEXI POWER EXCEL SOFTWARE ?
:shock:

GINGA

Mine runs on a z32 maf but it runs off the top of the load scale at just under 4k rpm (which is about 4v airflow reading)which means the area between 4v and 5.2v airflow reading and 4k rpm upwards on full throttle is unmappable at the moment :(

gtir350

I've neva used / seen the APEXI POWER EXCEL SOFTWARE software so I dont what is better ? I just know I can get the datalogit software and use it :)

GINGA

Just nosing through the fc datalogit site and noticed Thor and Japanese tuning are agents for it in the Uk.

A

Anonymous

Ginga, how does the car run now with 700cc injectors?? does it idle ok, I always hear bigger injectors make the car idle crap and rough even when programmed.

GINGA

Runs lovely on the 700's just as smooth as with the standards 8) , it used to run rough though when I was using the s-afc to control them nothing to bad though, now runs so much smoother with the power fc 8)

A

AJ4

Ginga. you can re-scale the map using Datalogit to use all the data points ( like when you change the AFM and it goes off the scale )

I'll dig out some info for you..

boucherie

i know this is an old post but hopefully the people who have posted previously will be able to help me out!
I've got a set of 800cc injectors to program into my power fc, and the info i have for the standard injectors is:

the standard injector (440cc) has a lag time of:

0.73ms @ 2.55 bar (440cc)
0.77ms @ 3.05 bar (485cc)
0.79ms @ 3.55 bar (525cc)

cant remember what the standard fuel pressure is, iirc its 2.5 bar at idle and 3 bar under load.

I know that the 800cc injectors need to be set to 55.5% duty of the standard ones, but i have no idea of the lag time, and after extensive searching of the internet i cant find anything to help me out.
Has anyone else fitted 800cc injectors, or is there some kind of formula to work out the lag time?
If i didnt change the lag time, would this lead to the engine overfuelling/running lean depending on which way the lag time should be adjusted?
All help is appreciated 8)

Thor

GINGA said:
Got mine fitted yesterday though haven't actually driven car yet as got a few other things left to do yet.
Had great fun at first as fitted it setup for z32 maf and 700cc injectors started car ran sweet 8) switch off after a few seconds as it was just a test to see if it worked then restarted it about 30mins later to find it was now running like a bag of shit popping banging missing etc after lots of head scratching (and swearing :oops: ) I found I'd set the injector settings wrong and had basically flooded it lol so with the injector settings set correct and the plugs cleaned all is well again 8)

So to stop anybody else making the same mistake when fitting larger injectors you have to (700cc sards used as a example)
share the standard sized injectors by the uprated size injectors to get the percentage size
so 485/750= 0.646 = 64.6% (or as close as you can get it)
then you have to minus the standard injector ms from the uprated injector ms
0.96-0.77= 0.19ms

and the settings on the pfc should look like this
No 1 64% +0.19ms and the same for the other 3 injectors leaving the remaining 2 injector settings(wtf :?: ) as they were :wink:

And if your wondering why i've used 485cc as the standard injector size thats because thats the size on the injector at our fuel pressure as stated on the injector setting link on this topic :shock:

I shall be having a play around with it some more once i've got my gauges in the car to monitor the situation a bit more as i've got most of its functions figured out now :D

Update :!: 64% was way to rich lol even 58% was a touch rich to mine are now on 55% :wink:
hi,

can anybody tell me which is the setup for the sard 660cc (% and ms) in the powerfc?? and how much % are must have the maf Z32??

thx
Sascha

R-Type

Colditz-Motorsport said:
hi,

can anybody tell me which is the setup for the sard 660cc (% and ms) in the powerfc?? and how much % are must have the maf Z32??

thx
Sascha
1.28 ms at 14volts...work out the % from the formula.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Has anyone got any maps they want to share, so others can load them into there FC Edit/Datalogit to do some comparisons.

I would really like to see one from someone using 700 injectors and a Z32 MAF

Thor

boucherie said:
i know this is an old post but hopefully the people who have posted previously will be able to help me out!
I've got a set of 800cc injectors to program into my power fc, and the info i have for the standard injectors is:

the standard injector (440cc) has a lag time of:

0.73ms @ 2.55 bar (440cc)
0.77ms @ 3.05 bar (485cc)
0.79ms @ 3.55 bar (525cc)

cant remember what the standard fuel pressure is, iirc its 2.5 bar at idle and 3 bar under load.

I know that the 800cc injectors need to be set to 55.5% duty of the standard ones, but i have no idea of the lag time, and after extensive searching of the internet i cant find anything to help me out.
Has anyone else fitted 800cc injectors, or is there some kind of formula to work out the lag time?
If i didnt change the lag time, would this lead to the engine overfuelling/running lean depending on which way the lag time should be adjusted?
All help is appreciated 8)

have you now the lag time find out from the 800cc sard injectors??

cheers

akchang

AJ4 said:
Seems like quite a few people have got new shiny Power Fc's, so I thought I'd start a thread for anyone having problems with them ( like me :D ).

Good bit of advice - If you dont have an Apexi boost controller ( you are using a Greddy or similar ) you will have to deselect the 'Apexi' option in the boost settings menu. If you dont then the car will start but will not run for more than a few seconds before conking out :(

When you first start the car you are supposed to do a self-learning idle setup. Basically this means run the car for 10mins with no electrics on, switch the rear demister on for the next 10 mins and for the last 10 mins switch the aircon on ( 30 mins altogether ). It idles rough as anything for a minute at first but soon settles down as it learns.

I worked out some of the other settings ( manual is all in Japanese :( ). When you look at the rev/idle menu, the first limit is set to 7500 rpm, this is the rev limit. The second limit is also set to 7500 rpm, this is the launch contol limit ( I set mine to 5500 rpm, ignition cut with full fuelling = huge flames :D ).

The idle limit is bit hard to work out - the first is set at 900 rpm and the second is set to 950. I think the first one is the limit, and the second one is the actual value you would like. Without changing it, my car idled at 1200 rpm like its always done ( the pulsar curse.... ) but kept fluctuating up and down between 950 and 1200. When I move the limit up to 1250 rpm it cured it, and it idles lovely now.

To view the system parameters, select monitor ( obviously :D ) and it will take you to the display screen. If you hit 'next' while showing the parameters it takes you to the rolling 15 second display screen, which is excellent for checking the knock sensor output :D

A question I do have though - the car is not a quick as before, but I've notice my ignition as measured and set on the commander is 40', not 20 as its supposed to be. I tried a 20' correction to bring it back down to 20 again but it ran even worse. Anyone know anything about this ??

Anyone with a full English manual for the FC and Commander or more hints and tips on setting it up ??

Cheers

Ross.
im really dredging this up from the past but i am having problems with my power FC setup that im not able to figure out. i have the boost control turned off and looking at the rev/idle menu i have attempted to change the second idle value up to 1250 but it only allows me to adjust up to 1050. this does not cure my problem of the car bump revving between 950 and 1300 rpm. here is how my controller screen looks with the settings adjusted. i also noticed that i do not have a second parameter under the rev limit which reads 7500 rpm, only the rev limit itself.

Eng. Revolution Data
Rev. Limit 7500 rpm
F/C A/C 1050 rpm
F/C A/C 1150 rpm
IDLE A/C 900 rpm
IDLE A/C 1050 rpm

the second set of parameters in between the rev limit and the idle values which say "F/C" are adjustable and i can adjust out the jumping revs by bringing the numbers up on these "F/C" values but i am reluctant to do this as i dont know what they are. i am simply trying to get through the learning stage of the ecu and it is obviously not learning as the car will jump rev no matter if the defrost, headlights or heat are on or off in the car. any insight into this would really help. thanks.

Fusion Ed

You cannot have the Idle RPM set above the fuel cut. Raise the FC values to 1800/1900 rpm and try again.

akchang

i didnt know that F/C stood for fuel cut! that was rather stupid of me. why did you choose 1800 and 1900 rpm? just to keep it well out of the way of cutting fuel at idle?