Setting up Apexi PowerFC and Commander

A

AJ4

Seems like quite a few people have got new shiny Power Fc's, so I thought I'd start a thread for anyone having problems with them ( like me :D ).

Good bit of advice - If you dont have an Apexi boost controller ( you are using a Greddy or similar ) you will have to deselect the 'Apexi' option in the boost settings menu. If you dont then the car will start but will not run for more than a few seconds before conking out :(

When you first start the car you are supposed to do a self-learning idle setup. Basically this means run the car for 10mins with no electrics on, switch the rear demister on for the next 10 mins and for the last 10 mins switch the aircon on ( 30 mins altogether ). It idles rough as anything for a minute at first but soon settles down as it learns.

I worked out some of the other settings ( manual is all in Japanese :( ). When you look at the rev/idle menu, the first limit is set to 7500 rpm, this is the rev limit. The second limit is also set to 7500 rpm, this is the launch contol limit ( I set mine to 5500 rpm, ignition cut with full fuelling = huge flames :D ).

The idle limit is bit hard to work out - the first is set at 900 rpm and the second is set to 950. I think the first one is the limit, and the second one is the actual value you would like. Without changing it, my car idled at 1200 rpm like its always done ( the pulsar curse.... ) but kept fluctuating up and down between 950 and 1200. When I move the limit up to 1250 rpm it cured it, and it idles lovely now.

To view the system parameters, select monitor ( obviously :D ) and it will take you to the display screen. If you hit 'next' while showing the parameters it takes you to the rolling 15 second display screen, which is excellent for checking the knock sensor output :D

A question I do have though - the car is not a quick as before, but I've notice my ignition as measured and set on the commander is 40', not 20 as its supposed to be. I tried a 20' correction to bring it back down to 20 again but it ran even worse. Anyone know anything about this ??

Anyone with a full English manual for the FC and Commander or more hints and tips on setting it up ??

Cheers

Ross.

A

AJ4

Thanks for the link dude, I already have that one. Like ju5ty said though, it basically says disconnect battery, fit ecu, switch on, it works !

The Commander came with a comprehensive operating manual, but its all in jap :D Thats the one I'm trying to find.

j10gtr

the base map in the power Fc isnt all that brill IMO but its there and thats what you get to start with .

First thing to set up are injectors and airflow meter if your using non standard items as the injector lag time and % will need to be changed to match the injectors you have.

I would not use the the map in the power fc running your car on anything other than standard boost until you have it mapped correctly.

Take it and get it mapped it will be worth the results when its done.

Thanks
Paul

A

aerox

Can you use the apexi power fc as a boost controller without using the apexi boost controller kit or any other boost controller (blitz,greddy,...) ?

GINGA

Got mine fitted yesterday though haven't actually driven car yet as got a few other things left to do yet.
Had great fun at first as fitted it setup for z32 maf and 700cc injectors started car ran sweet 8) switch off after a few seconds as it was just a test to see if it worked then restarted it about 30mins later to find it was now running like a bag of shit popping banging missing etc after lots of head scratching (and swearing :oops: ) I found I'd set the injector settings wrong and had basically flooded it lol so with the injector settings set correct and the plugs cleaned all is well again 8)

So to stop anybody else making the same mistake when fitting larger injectors you have to (700cc sards used as a example)
share the standard sized injectors by the uprated size injectors to get the percentage size
so 485/750= 0.646 = 64.6% (or as close as you can get it)
then you have to minus the standard injector ms from the uprated injector ms
0.96-0.77= 0.19ms

and the settings on the pfc should look like this
No 1 64% +0.19ms and the same for the other 3 injectors leaving the remaining 2 injector settings(wtf :?: ) as they were :wink:

And if your wondering why i've used 485cc as the standard injector size thats because thats the size on the injector at our fuel pressure as stated on the injector setting link on this topic :shock:

I shall be having a play around with it some more once i've got my gauges in the car to monitor the situation a bit more as i've got most of its functions figured out now :D

Update :!: 64% was way to rich lol even 58% was a touch rich to mine are now on 55% :wink:

gtir350

Thought I'd get this BTTT with a few questions

I've got the Power FC With Datalog it S/W

1) The Air temp always reads 175 ? Is this cause the GTiR dont have one or mine is broken

2) I've just fitted the 700cc Sard Injectors, And Changed the size option to 58%, Any more people done this yet , what setting did U use ?

3) My injector Duty was at 90% on .58 Bar and the 444's and now on 40% withe the new un's at .8 Bar. Is that normal ?

4 ) Does anyone know what the latest version got the datalog software is or the manual, My software is 1.1 ( I think ) and the manual is for the GTR from 2002

5) Does any one have any MAP files? Or Tuning Tips , I'll be fitting the z32 maf soon, and running 1.5 Bar boost.

Thanks
Dave

E

Edd

Dave

have you got a laptop that you can use with Datalogic?
If so would be nice if i could meet up with you sometime to have a look at it.
does it give you any kind of option to change the throttle input from quad throttle bodies to single throttle body :?:

I

Innovate Performance

Edd mate, it uses the TPS signal which will work on singal or quad throttle bodies, cause you only use 1 TPS sensor. So it will work on your Q45 throttle body so there is no need to worry :lol:

We have the software to so mapping them is not a problem :D

E

Edd

So will ihave to change anything on the PFC setup when i go to single throttle?

Or will it fire up first time and run fine without any adjsutment :shock:

I

Innovate Performance

You may have to reset the calibration on the Tps not to sure with out doing it.

cmng

just wondering for those using FCdatalogit

will FC datalogit have all feature on the POWEREXCEL software ?
or it just device that help you to tune at laptop instead of handset ?

i was told handset feature is limited
powerexcel can see more feature