sell uk sunny gtir as whole or break?

G

GTI-R Kid

I'd have to go with the more common consensus of taking the uprated bits off, replacing with standard (though you might want to leave the box as it'd be a bitch to replace), then sell a genuine standard UK GTI-R and sell off the uprated bits seperate to make some money back on it.

vpulsar - if you want a plank to smack i know of a guy over here who imported a '92 UK Sunny and cut the front left chassis leg off it to fix a '93 Pulsar that he stuffed into a horse box. Afterwards he was left with a not perfectly fixed '93 Pulsar (that had been crashed previous to his own incident) and a '92 Sunny that was only fit for parts! :roll:

Bit of a muppet really as he could have transferred the good bits from the '93 to the '92 and had a more valuable, rarer & straight car. :roll:

hmmm

GTI-R Kid said:
I'd have to go with the more common consensus of taking the uprated bits off, replacing with standard (though you might want to leave the box as it'd be a nasty lady to replace), then sell a genuine standard UK GTI-R and sell off the uprated bits seperate to make some money back on it.

vpulsar - if you want a plank to smack i know of a guy over here who imported a '92 UK Sunny and cut the front left chassis leg off it to fix a '93 Pulsar that he stuffed into a horse box. Afterwards he was left with a not perfectly fixed '93 Pulsar (that had been crashed previous to his own incident) and a '92 Sunny that was only fit for parts! :roll:

Bit of a muppet really as he could have transferred the good bits from the '93 to the '92 and had a more valuable, rarer & straight car. :roll:
hmmm :roll:

mohsan

nissan gtir

sometimes i think what am i thinking i love the gtir, and im blowing everything in it, and all the storys i hear about gtirs in my case is different i have a reliable pocket rocket.
Maybe i will post up pics and see what i get offered but i got a feeling i will regret it big time but azste said its just alot to run, tyres and petrol. like i said running costs. ok will hopefully post up today or tomarow

S

Stoned

Really?

I find my R is very easy on it's tyres. I've had the same ones on for over a year and there is plenty of grip left.

O

Odin

GTI-R Kid said:
Well I was thinking he is Irish so I wouldn't of expected anything less :lol: :lol: , But that would be stereo typical of me wouldn't it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

bengilmore

GTI-R Kid said:

Yep, i think i know who your talking about :shock:

ki_saj_ng

hey,

thats quite a nice car you have there :wink: would be a shame to waste such an example but its your car so you do what you gotta do.

i think you could ask for quite a high price on that with it being a rare uk one and it looks as if it been looked after so just hold out and you should get what your after.

as for taking digs at this guy, hes only asked what he should do, he hasnt said he IS gonna strip the car so lighten up and help him out :D

good luck mate

saj

G

gareth231

At the end of the day you got to sit down, and work out what your going to get for it complete, and what its worth broken down in parts.

Prices for gtirs have dropped greatly, its only worth whats someone is willing to pay for it. If its worth more money in parts then break it, simple.

A lot of the high price gtirs arent easy to sell, simply because you can pick these cars up for 2000+

A lot of people on the forum are breaking them because there worth more in parts, its similar to cosworths which a lot of the time are worth more money in parts than complete.

Dooie Pop Pop

ki_saj_ng said:
as for taking digs at this guy, hes only asked what he should do, he hasnt said he IS gonna strip the car so lighten up and help him out :D
Why? im only interested in keeping a few of the original uk R' s in one piece and he' s only interested in making money.

my opinion differs from his...so fooking what? :evil: if you want a decent spec R you gotta pay for it, end of :p

mohsan

gtir

i dont think anyone picked up on the colour its midnight purple2, i was waiting for the sun to shine to bring it up im sure you should just about see it in the pics, come on people im open to good offers

Dooie Pop Pop

Re: gtir

mohsan said:
i dont think anyone picked up on the colour its midnight purple2, i was waiting for the sun to shine to bring it up im sure you should just about see it in the pics, come on people im open to good offers

:oops: :oops: :oops: sooo it is :oops: very subtle 8)

ki_saj_ng

wicked, did click on but i thought it was my eyes being funny :oops:

you kinda get that at this age, happens when you dont sleep :twisted:

MarkTurbo

Dooie Pop Pop said:
im only interested in keeping a few of the original uk R' s in one piece
Thats the way i see it too, there cant be that many left and destroying anotherone would be criminal :cry:

My uk R is going soon (if i can find a buyer that is :lol: ) and i wouldnt even consider breaking it :evil: I might put it back to standard though and keep all the bits for my next R :wink:

mohsan

uk sunny gtir

no im selling my uk car and going for a 4dr,may well even part x. Obviously itl have to match to the price, or well comprimise something.
Just thought id give guys a rough idea whats been done from top of my head, have receipts for everything.
Nissan sunny gtir uk spec 71k fsh. Car has a twinge of purple in it i think best seen in picture 2.
All the lights have been cleared and silvatec bulbs used for extra flush look, full stainless steel exhaust/decat with customized back box made to quiten down noise. Koni inserts fitted with 30mm avo lowering springs.20 grooved rear 262mm discs, brembo 308mm kit fitted on the front.Goodridge brake line kit,16 inch oz superleggeras with toyo proxes 205/45/16. magnecor competition leads,hks dump valve, Helix organic clutch,norris design gear box, b and m short shift,forge front mount intercoller, apexi turbo timer, greddy profec b 2 boost controller, g reddy boost guage pillar and pod,apexi air cone filter, upratd walbro fuel pump. Whitline rear anti roll bar adjustable, antilift kit,castor kit, whiteline camber bolts,whiteline bushes,powerflex bushes, superflex bushes, forum bushes.Various bushes to get them all done.Rare uk spec that my nissan dealer love, come on good offer i wont refuse

MarkTurbo

6 years ago since i was going to get rid of my Sunny :shock:

I'm glad i did the right thing and kept it 8)