Restrictor or not ? GT2871R

GTIR-LOZ

Thanks for the reseach Paul!

who the fcuk is paul!

i agree bolts is best way hose solutions will fit an inline one into your hose for 15 quid, but the s14 boys aparantly have a inbuilt restrictor in their banjo bolts coming off the block, as standard not sure if it will fit our cars maybe worth a look

GTIR-LOZ

the only prob with that is the 3071 inlet does not allow enough room for it to be fitted, i e-mailed ben and he said he can fit one inline to the hose so will go for that and send mine back monday, also i have asked if i can get an inline filter before to stop the tiny hole getting blocked up - think this may be the most expensive hose i have ever bought:roll:

btw the s14 banjo is only 0.080 so we would need another restrictor still;-)

GTIR-LOZ

just been checking mine and there is a restrictor inside the hole on the oil inlet of the turbo its about 1mm in size on the edge of the threads, also i checked my banjo as i ordered it new from erics and its a s14 one with a restrictor in it also, so i am prob going to leave it as it is now after all this faff:der:

GTIR-LOZ

yeah i just asked him for the oil and water banjo bolts as im building my engine on a stand and want to drop it straight in all built up

bit of a result really:-D

Braveheart

I think I'm just going to go with the hoses from Ben.... I have fitted them to the turbo and it's all ready, manifold in place, ready to bolt on to head and plumb in.

j10gtr

Anyone know the size bolt and the thread pitch for the oil supply banjo bolt that fits into the block.

Cheers
Paul

Braveheart

This is starting to get to me now.
Bought an oil inlet restrictor and a different oil feed pipe to fit my gt2871r but it's no good.
There's not enough room to attach oil feed pipe... :doh:
I'll need to try to source a restricted banjo bolt and revert back to the other hose solution oil feed pipe.

KF79GTIR

I will send you a pm later scott on regards of how i did mine just out of interest how many manifold gaskets are you using?

NME_RR

oh dear, are you any good at brazing?

Those steel pipes are easily modified, , if your quick with a hot torch you can do it without heating the rubber pipe,

Other than that wouldn't a brake pipe nipple fit with some copper pipe to rubber pipe and a jubilee clip??

I know there's many different thread sizes of the nipples there must be one that fits and you can choose the type of face you want, any local garage can help i'm sure?

Braveheart

I will send you a pm later scott on regards of how i did mine just out of interest how many manifold gaskets are you using?
I have removed all four gaskets now....
I think I would like to get the OE exhaust manifold ground at a small angle (2deg) which would throw the turbo out loads.
2. Oil feed.... strap an Italian or Spanish person up ront with a hand pump...... (sorry it was on the news 29/01/09)

Last edited: