Raising the compression?

Exactly the same thing happened to my mate pulsar, it was a spring inside the box that needed replacing. The spring only cost a few quid but the cost from the garage to fit it to the gearbox and take the box out and put it back in cost about £600 if i remember correct.

antgtir

The DET Sensor had actually failed as the 34 error code was being shown up on the ECU diagnostic, plus when removed it had an obvious crack in the protective sheeth so was happy apart from the ball ache fitting it lol.

Like you all the ignition parts will do it good although i think ive worn the TMIC out as over the last few months its been on and off more than i can remember :lol:

At least now i can start to enjoy and remember how the car used to run before all this. Bring on this season ;)

Ant.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
It was a pleasure to help Ant, I'm glad its working again now.

Mine is back on the road. Sorted the alternator and the car overboosting. Just got a minor oil leak and a rattle to sort out. Not sure how confident I am for tracking it on Friday but at least its all going in the right direction again. Hopefully we can all catch up again before I start working away

Jim

Fusion Ed

Glad to hear this is all now ok :) On some ecus now people ask me to just remap the knock map the same as the normal map if its faulty. Car then behaves the same, but without having to fix the sensor immediately.

I know this may sound risky, BUT the car is in the knock map for about 5 cells of its entire map only VERY occasionally so does very little to help anyway.

Ed

antgtir

Micra Ed said:
Glad to hear this is all now ok :) On some ecus now people ask me to just remap the knock map the same as the normal map if its faulty. Car then behaves the same, but without having to fix the sensor immediately.

I know this may sound risky, BUT the car is in the knock map for about 5 cells of its entire map only VERY occasionally so does very little to help anyway.

Ed

Many thanks for your help to with the log and the TPS highlight mate, as i said the TPS has now been reset to the correct range of voltage so after this weekend a number of jobs have been ticked off the list, happy chappy :lol:

Ant.:thumbsup:

MORF114

Got my box back from the gearbox builder today :-D woohoo!! moving along in the right direction now.

Problem with the mainshaft machining the gear convex onto the shaft instead of a 90 angle, apparently machining was not done correctly :noidea:

NU773R

boost problem

right bit of a starge one,

1st of would lack of battery power have any effects on the performance??

i know it sounds strange but when i bought my pulsar everything was spot on with the performance wise, then my gearbox went bang :( the car sat there for afew months while i sorted it out and the battery went dead, i replaced it with a second hand one but after this the car really didnt behave very well, i would let it warm up then drive it and it would be fine for afew mins then it would start holding back and only boosting at 0.5 rather than the 1.2 that it has been set to

i've just done a full service and had to replace the lamba sensor as the wires were starting to wear through, after i done this i went for a drive and it was doing the same as before boosting fine for afew mins then holding back then all of a suddent and antilock light came on and the car died, when i tryed to start it it turned over very slowly like the battery was dead, called the rac and he hooked it up to see if the battery was charging and it wasnt so he messed around with the alternator and the battery started charging again and off i went

took it for another drive the day after and for a hour of driving it didnt hold back once, then all of a suddent last night it started holding back again, the car struggles to turn over if i leave it any longer than 2 days 3 at the most but before the gearbox went bang i could leave it for weeks and it would start on the first turn of the key

i've done a fault code cheak and nothing came up :(

has anyone got any ideas what it could be??

P

pulsarboby

check the earths to the gearbox casing! could well be a dodgy earth connection thats causing this!
you could even try running another earth to a different location

Mr GTiR

Keira said:
can be on the floor in 2hrs tops.
Really.....you took a tad longer than that to do mine the last time. Something to do with all those tight bolts that you could not undo :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keira

Mr GTiR said:
Really.....you took a tad longer than that to do mine the last time. Something to do with all those tight bolts that you could not undo :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you're fooking lucky it got done at all seeing as you turned up about 4hrs late and any interest in doing it had long gone by the time you arrived ;)