Raising the compression?

snoon

Ah yes, I see what your saying. Not sure how much extra power I'll get from 1.4 to 1.6. I would only run 1.6 if doing a 1/4 mile run.

Yeah, Z32 going on today before the remap.

With the standard MAF it only gained about 4 BHP from 1.4 to 1.6 bar so didn't bother. We'll see what happens with the Z32 on. Had the new elbow done too so should see some good figures. Hopefully!

With these cars there is always something else to be done tho. I'm sure I'll need something after today.

MarkTurbo

snoon said:
With the standard MAF it only gained about 4 BHP from 1.4 to 1.6 bar so didn't bother. We'll see what happens with the Z32 on. Had the new elbow done too so should see some good figures. Hopefully!

With these cars there is always something else to be done tho. I'm sure I'll need something after today.
Let us know how you get on ;-) It'll be interesting to see the power/torque figures of a T28 at 1.6 bar 8)

youngsyp

snoon said:
Ah yes, I see what your saying. Not sure how much extra power I'll get from 1.4 to 1.6. I would only run 1.6 if doing a 1/4 mile run.

Yeah, Z32 going on today before the remap.

Hopefully, it's a combination of the high boost, stock MAF and new elbow. With any luck, Noble will sort it with the remap.

As Mark said, post up any graphs, it'll be interesting to see.

Paul

j10gtr

Whats your inlet pipework like ?
What ecu are you using ?
Mine did something similar before I altered the inlet track pipework. It was overfueling just after the gear change. I think it was due to the air in the compressor reversing back up thru the maf giving a voltage reading causing to overfuel momentarily.

Does it do it if you come back on the power mor gradually ?
If you have adjustable boost does it do it on all boost levels?

Cheers
Paul

j10gtr

Welcome to the club !!. is the clutch releasing ?

Theres a how to that describes how to strip the gearbox in the car but unless your pretty handy with the spanners then I would take out the engine and box split the gearbox and get it to someone to rebuild it for you.

Cheers
Paul

j10gtr

Sounds like your going to be busy to me. Was there any other problems with the box before it got stuck? will it come out of gear with the engine off ? does the clutch pedal feel ok ?

Cheers
Paul

Radleigh

everything was fine, no whines, no crunching.. nothing...

all I done was stick it into reverse and move from my parking slot to the road, was hoping to put it onto the drive, but it wont come out of reverse

neil240z

I have a gearbox and I can fit it for you as well.

you really need a ramp to do one, anything less is very brave.

regards

Neil

MarkTurbo

neil240z said:
Myself and plenty of other people have done it loads of times without a ramp :der: All you need is an engine hoist, drop the engine onto the deck then get the front of the car as high as possible to allow you to seperate the engine/box ;-)

Radleigh

neil240z said:
I have a gearbox and I can fit it for you as well.

regards

Neil
Im in London....

Just out of interest, what you after for the gearbox?

soin

just a little update to those who were following this thread ... after being unsure of the predicament i was ultimately in with this , i.e mullered engine .. things seem to be moving in the right direction at last ..

my engine is currently being rebuilt with all damaged parts being replaced with new like for like .. the cometic gasket is being changed for the hks item at my request , unsure of piston selection as yet .. originally had je s in , due to availability in this country i could end up with hks pistons too .

ive supplied the garage with a ported cylinder head fitted with jwt (jim wolf technologies) cams , i bought it off the modifiers for £175 apparantly all checked and fine needing only a re shimm ...
the cams are not that well known to me however i believe them to have a profile of 263 , they are the s3 cams , and im assuming, the same that jgy customs advertise .. not sure what performance gains i ll see , similar to hks 264 s i suppose .. if anyone is using these or has any info please let me know

ive requested the 3071 be sent back to turbo dynamics for a checkup , due to engine failure caused by oil pump failure .. this carries a £180 fee if all is well , cost is purely for stripping down ,inspecting and rebuild/re balance .. or £550 for core rebuild .. i think im only fair in requesting this be done ...after all the unit was delivered to the garage and has only done around 50 miles ..

ive purchased a 6 pot tarox kit too , a tomei quick shift and im on the apex coilover group buy ..

car should be ready for running in within 3 to 4 weeks im told ... and then RE -REMAP to 400 ish ..

its been 3 months now without the car but the end is in sight ..

just in need of the uprated gearbox and i ll have my dream R .. watch this space