Racing the Pulsar

dencon

Phil. Good to see the engine rebuild is giving the results. With regards the block on shift, this does not seem to work as the complete end is rubber mounted to move with engine. Ian who hill climbs with me tried this but it some times stop him getting third gear depending on left or right G forces. Better to do like I did. Ditch engine mounts and fit solid nylon ones. This stops engine rocking when lifting off to change gear. I was always getting your problem, but not touched fith once this year. Avon slicks you will like, but you will not like the price and the speed they wear out. cheers den.

bracpan

Injectors were no problem, was told that by one tunner before I ran them..
I could do with a a bit more low down punch but still have the standard turbo elbow at the moment.
I dont have the rubber mounting at the rear mine is solid, I made that last year. Plus I have all new polly bushes on the engine mountings so I will try a gate first....youve seen the size of my hands all to easy to push the leaver over to far I had to do the same on my Mini years ago.
Cheers
Phil

STU666V

Brett
Spec is not amazing, GT3071, Gas flowed head, 87mm CP Pistons, Pauter Rods, HKS cams, HKS H/Gasket, Power FC, 660cc injectors, Balanced, ACL bearings, Helix Paddle clutch, Runing 1.5bar max. I need to get a better turbo outlet for the exhaust as I think it should be more responsive low down.
Stu
Will keep you informed on the swirl pot and also the gate ill make to block out 5th.
Cheers
Phil
What's the 3071 like? i have one in the garage but was thinking in changing it for a 2871? would like around 350-380ish bhp but quite a few of our tracks are really tight so less lag the better.
Thanks for any help.

bracpan

My car is definatly around the 400bhp mark as we astablished last night with Dobby... it obviously has a more lag than a standard Turbo but once you hit 4000rpm its off it acually shows boost from 2800 but builds up and pulls like a train to the red line. I think once I get a better exhaust made it should improve again.
A disco patato might do you if you dont want more than 350 ish..I dont think its worth swaping your 30 for a 28 as the general opinion is the 30 is the better turbo.
Phil

P

pulsarboby

im glad im not the only one thats had that prob lol, good idea with the gate blocker to stop selecting 5th, think i may do that myself!

glad its all working out for you phil and the engines good:thumbsup:

bracpan

Mines off the road now for the Winter....hopefully not to much to do for next season. I need a better turbo outlet but if I cant find one I will have to make one. Also got a swirlpot planned.
cheers
Phil

Jon Olds

Sorry to jump in, but my swirl pot, extra pump etc is all in a welded aluminium box 1 foot cube around the tank access point. MSA say it should be liquid tight (firewall) and automatically drain should a leak occur.
Scrutineers seem happy so far

bracpan

Thanks for that Stu I have not seen it....
Jon if you have a few pics of your instalation I would love to see before I start mine, as you can guess my box will probaby be in G/F..
Thanks again
Phil .

bracpan

I have finally got around to sorting out the fuel surge problem on the Pulsar ( Well hope I have will not now until on the track again).
I have made a f/g conatiner that sits over the fuel tank conections, this will house a custom 1.5 litre alloy Swirl pot and a 044 Bosch pump.
All the conections etc will be contained in the housing to keep sctrutineers happy, Will take some pictures soon to show. will also give details of where to get all the parts etc. Its only fits the car if the seats are down.
Apart from that I am fitting a new BOV and a 3ins downpipe to the exhaust...then its few other small jobs. the last thing I have to sort our for this year is a trailer so if anybody nows of a Brian James or simluar 13ft x 6ft that can carry around 1400 kgs ( Car and equipment) let me know.
Cheers
Phil