Quaife Box

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
quaife guarantee isnt worth a toss im affraid
brand new built quaife did 1000 miles and 4th and 5th welded to shaft quaife just said sorry u were running over 350bhp byeee

I was about to say the same thing :lol: it's like the lifetime guarantee on the Goose exhaust stuff, not worth a wank.

I provided my Shoot peened/cryo'ed gearcase to Bernie and after I supplied the various Nissan bearings needed for the build, he built me up a Quaife box with shotpeened and REM polished gearset for a scratch over 2k :-D

speak to the gearboxman before you do anything else

vss irvine

Speak to Mike @ rally-hire, think he has one from works sunny gti, heard he was looking at a 6 speed sequential for his.
this is a fwd gearbox.

and as alan said, the quaife guarantee only covers power outputs upto 300hp iirc.

i know someone thats just had one built by quaife factory and that was the first thing they told him!

vss irvine

im going to be running a standard recon gearbox, which cost £550. for the price of an uprated box i can buy another 4 or 5 standard units

ashills

if i end up with another R probably not but u never know ill shot peen the stock gearset and stick a quaife 3rd in again then should be pretty tough for road use

noriek2003

i've spent the morning stripping a few standard gearboxes, i'd forgotten just how fooking chit they are :shock:

i reckon the gears would break if you stared them out for abit :lol:

davey red.r

i put a gtir box in my mams singer sewing machine and she didnt get to the end of taking my jeans up before it rolled over on its back and shit itself:lol:

davey