NME_RR

Yes i suspected some scally wag by the name of s.c. Selling that box, ,

£500 for a knackered gear set

bargain!

Not

N

newby

Gearbox

Speak to Mike @ rally-hire, think he has one from works sunny gti, heard he was looking at a 6 speed sequential for his.

R

riske

If not i could have a chat with Mike himself and get him to make you one...if you have the money???

billy187

im guessing the price will be alot more compared to a second hand box to get somebody to actually make one up? The price will probaly creep up close to 3k after most bits have been changed and labour. Any idea on what this Mike fella charges?

R

riske

Mike Quaife i'm talking about, He charges what the hell he wants because he owns the bloody company lol. Yeah it would be more expensive than a secondhand box but it has lifetime guarantee and you know its built properly. May see if he fancy's a group buy.

NME_RR

im possibly interested in a group buy,

and i know i have to become a registered member 1st

will there be a dog engagment group buy, or just helicut?

I was toying with the PPG/ but if quaife is more avaliable, , .....ideas??

R

riske

Well let me know what you guys want from Quaife and i'll see whats what. Which is best then? I'm not big on gearsets etc so you'll have to explain, so i can then give the correct info to Mike.

GTIR-LOZ

i cant see it happening as really you would want the box already built up with the quaife kit with all new bearings syncros etc also might be worth uprating selector forks while its out as these can snap if you could get all that ona group buy at less than 3k i will be in

R

riske

Ok so if i could get the box already made up with new bearings etc and maybe uprated selector fork for less than 3k how many people would be in?

Sorry for thread hijacking

neil240z

eh, The names Terry, Terry Tibbs, How much for a quaife? 3 grand? Ill give ya £3 thanks and goodnight! lol

billy187

To be honest dont think i could justify paying 3k for a quaife that still has every chance of going pop after a launch!

R

riske

But it is alot better than a standard or re con box!! Ask anyone. You also get a lifetiem guarantee i think so you can get it replaced. I'm not trying to sell anything here just trying to help! I know mike and if there is enough demand for these boxes i could help a few people out.

billy187

But it is alot better than a standard or re con box!! Ask anyone. You also get a lifetiem guarantee i think so you can get it replaced. I'm not trying to sell anything here just trying to help! I know mike and if there is enough demand for these boxes i could help a few people out.
No doubt there better than a standard box but the difference in price is quite significant aswell!

Also im pretty certain he wont be willing to replace any box that breaks after a launch, there will be plenty of get out clauses!

If he is offereing a life time guarentee and will replace them which i doubt then i may well take one :-D

Then again a guarentee these days from companies could well be worth nothing if the 'credit crunch' continues the way its going :lol:

As you know him, give him a call when your free and lets see what he's got to say!

R

riske

Yeha thats all i was going to do, just wanted to see what you guys fancied. TBH i wouldnt fork out that much unless i really knew it was worth it. Ask the few with quaife's and see what they say about em dude.

ashills

quaife guarantee isnt worth a toss im affraid
brand new built quaife did 1000 miles and 4th and 5th welded to shaft quaife just said sorry u were running over 350bhp byeee

John

im possibly interested in a group buy,

and i know i have to become a registered member 1st

will there be a dog engagment group buy, or just helicut?

I was toying with the PPG/ but if quaife is more avaliable, , .....ideas??
PPG is just as available, from memory Apex Performance are the UK dealer for PPG.

As others have said, its alot of money to throw at a gearbox which is just as likely to fail compared to a stock box when launching, especially when you consider most GTi-Rs arent even worth 3k these days :doh: