Power loss

D

d2wul

i didnt think so, worth a try tho, mines been doin this for a while now

CJSPulsaR

I shall keep an eye on this post coz mine was doing almost the same thing..Around 4000k revs it was like hitting a brick wall, more so when it was cold. But ive just replaced my turbo (it failed) and about to change my fuel pump. Its currently running on 0.6bar and I dont rev it past 4k at the moment. Until ive had it checked out and the set up adjusted to suit the new changes.

gtir_pimp

try replacing the fuel filter. even if you change the afm the earth could still be loose. check it with a volt meter i think. or if you have an auto electrician near, take it to them and ask if they can check it.

boost controllers stet up properly and not overboosting etc? my old sard boost controller packed up and the boost just kept going up to like 1.8bar or something silly and that was like hitting a brick wall.

catchmeifyoucan01

ive tried a new fuel filter no change, i fitted a walbro 255 fuel pump about 2 months ago im gonna try a diffrent afm tomorrow! and as for the boost controller its set at 1 bar and its only hitting 14.5psi which is right. i will check the earth tomorrow when i try the other afm .

There is one thing dont fink it could have any effect but im sure the problem started to happen and i replaced the thermostat the old one was sticking open and im sure it was fine before this was changed any ideas??

Last edited:
I had this on my H plate R.
From cold it would boost perfectly, so had data scan connected up and ign timing was at 20 Deg, when cold and once warm it was retarded to 10.
The timing is spot on and set at 20 Deg, when i rebuilt it.
Carried out a fault check and it was clear.
So i changed the Det sensor, and when the engine is roasting it is staying at 20 Deg.
Still to drive it though to see if its any better, not had time to take it out.
Will go take it out a blast tongiht to see if its any better and let you Know the out come.

D

DaveC.

How long has this been happening for, and has it gradually got worse or did it just start doing it one day?

catchmeifyoucan01

maybee only about 3 weeks. it use to be fine and boost all the way to the limiter i wouldnt say its getting any worse it just wont drive up past 4000rpm cos it hits this wall and it just started happening one day dont know what brug it on ??

D

d2wul

i have tried a couple but was still the same, no sure if they both worked or not tho. mines getin worse as well

Soory took so long to get back to you`s.
Been out in the car all day today and the night, and its running perfectly now !!!
Det sensor sorted the holding back, and ignition timing sits spot on 20 when ticking over now :)