Power loss

catchmeifyoucan01

hi dont know if any body can help but i have a problem.
my car seems to hold back every time i hit boost! the the engine has just warmed up i can hit boost ive got it set at 1 bar after around 3800rpm the boost fluctrates a little and its like hitting a wall the car starts to hold back! and the longer i drive it the worse it gets it was also happing at 7 psi boost after a long drive.
its like its missing/ holding back?
ive tried a diffrent coil pack!
replace the spark plugs
tried a diffrent ecu
changed the ht leads
cleaned the dissy cap

any ideas cheers!

Davey

First thing to do is a fault code check on the ECU, sounds a lot like the knock sensor.
Could also be a boost/air leak, I had a split intercooler pipe, it was fine at low revs, but was missing when on boost, not sure about it getting worse the longer you drive though?

gtir_pimp

maybe the afm needs re-earthing or could be knckered? do you have someone with another pulsar near you that you could swap them over too see if that cures it?

gtir_pimp

no dont fit the z32. you need to have your car mapped to suit when upgrading injectors and im sure the same applies for the z32 maf

D

d2wul

i have the same prob m8 , vss irvine has helped me try 2 fix it but still no joy:doh:

D

d2wul

aye put a new walbro in, also when i switch mine off for a few min then switch it back on its fine for a wee while then it starts doin it again

NME_RR

be very interesting to find out what the issue is here, as i had a friends car years ago with the same problem, was running fast as heck, and then suddenly started behaving very irratically, fault chk was clear, we fitted new fuel pump and maf but no fix!

I wouldnt have thought it was the actuator, if it was a sticky actuator it would over boost and then under boost, or if the seal inside has broken it would run full boost 100% of the time,

catchmeifyoucan01

i know its a bit off subject but on mitisubishi evo 4,5,6 that have the same kind of issue and that is the actuator! im gunna try one when i get hold of one and il let you know if it cures it.

D

d2wul

vss irvine put a brandnew 1 in mine still did the same, a mate of mine is in2 cossies he told me it mite b a map sensor. any ideas