possibly for sale

P

pulsarboby

if he decides to get rid neil, let me know what hes after for each car! as i know a lot of people in jag world and maybe able to help place the cars for him (thats assuming they are in good condition)

i used to completely restore them years ago, think that 6.0litre le mans he has there is worth a fair few quid got any photos of it?

when i was in the army my mate bought an e type 2+2 think he paid around 20k for it and he lent it to me when i was driving back from germany to uk. got the thing upto 140 then all of a sudden the exhaust system let go and ended up scattered down the autobahn:shock: cost me around £600 back in the early 90's to get it fixed for him.
dont think ive ever been in such a scary motor at those speeds, the brakes were shite, steering was a lottery and you really were gambling with your life lol
i have a lot of admiration for the old style racers who used to race these death traps, these guys had nerves of steel, none of the fancy stuff you have nowdays, just pure hardcore racing8)

O

Odin

I restored two of mine, The front wings where £245 each and thats 18 years ago now, I bought myself a mig welder and learned to weld and make up new sections of metal to rebuild the fooking things, One was a 5.3 V12 series 3 and the other a series 2, About the only one I really like is the coup 2 door which is still a lovely car to look at, But its still just as 5hit as all the rest really.

Lister used to make some OK XJS's, 6.0Lt V12's which where pretty quick, But under the skin still 5hit in my opinion, And having taken these cars apart and put them back together I think I have a rough idea what I'm on about.

Rob

P

pulsarboby

Odin said:
And having taken these cars apart and put them back together I think I have a rough idea what I'm on about.
Rob

im not saying you dont know what your on about rob, just stating that i have a soft spot for jags:roll: :lol:

and yes your right they are sh1t lol but they are a cult car and always will be! the 2.8, 3.6 and 4.2 jag designed engines were all crap tbh, the only half descent ones they made were the v12 and the older style v8 which were much more reliable, the 4.0 he engine was also a big improvement.!

have to disagree about the interiors though, yes they were a snug fit for big blokes but they were luxurious and well made too. i found the biggest problem was foot room as unless your a girl with little dainty feet the footwell is very small.

ive owned around 12 jags and it was those that started me off with restoration, but then the bottom fell out the market in the mid 90s and people were no longer prepared to pay the thousands to have these cars fully restored.
there was a lot of people who had there fingers seriously burnt then, and i was one of them! i lost thousands on 2 cars which i owned, thats when i gave up restorations.

O

Odin

pulsarboby said:
i lost thousands on 2 cars which i owned, thats when i gave up restorations.

Same as :doh: :cry: , That's when I moved onto Saab's ;-).

My first turbo car was a lovely Saab 99 turbo, Which by chance is the first mass production turbo car ever made.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

Studlife

pulsarboby said:
would be worth someones while to import a few cars over there and break them, as theres no spares available!
there you go, ive set you on the road to riches:lol: :thumbsup:you could be the canadian pulsarboby, god help you:lol:

there was a dead gtir back when i bought mine, a blown headgasket fooked the engine, the guy couldn't find anyone who would rebuild it so as far as i knew it just sat there, it was offered to me but they wanted $3000 i couldn't be bothered. thinking about it know it might of been worth it,

P

pulsarboby

dont tell me that ones boogered aswell aron? :doh:
ive only got one good one, but that will be fitted to this car if it doesnt get busted up!

gtir_pimp

no mate mines brilliant! pulling very very hard. i meant have you got one for the car you just got? coz i know they are like gold dust in good condition second hand. or have you got a new one?!

P

pulsarboby

no but ive got a known good s/h one which il fit to it.
and true they are like rocking horse sh1t to get hold of a goo s/h one

glad your ones ok anyway, you had me worried there for a second lol

faz

pulsarboby said:
was previously owned by a girl called sarah dont know if that used to be red who was on this site?
Its not Reds car...hers is white and she still has it.

P

pulsarboby

ah right, just wondered as there cant be too many sarahs from essex with a gtir!
there all called tracy or shaz i think:lol: :lol: