possibly for sale

P

pulsarboby

just picked this little beaut up today,

has gab adjustable suspension
chrome rocker cover and other chrome bits under bonnet!
has a very sweet engine with good pressure and no knocks or rattles
hks ssqv dump valve
ss hks exhaust
a/m boost gauge
drilled n grooved brakes all round
limo tints (rears)
mapped ecu
very clean body
very clean interior
new rad
hks turbo timer
flushed boot
clifford alarm
and lots of other goodies, not even looked at car properly yet (still on the back of my lorry), all it needs is a turbo as its had one of those crappy ebay specials fitted that blew up after 2 weeks lol (can fit one if anyones interested)

now really dont know what to do with this car, seems a real shame to break it, so may possibly be up for sale, not made my mind up yet just gauging interest

Last edited by a moderator:

bopper

agreed i think you should put it up for sale as it does look clean, i know theres more money in breaking it but long live the pulsar

P

pulsarboby

thing is everyones busting them up nowdays and i already have 4 cars waiting in the wings to be scrapped, but i also have 3 very nice cars that it seems a real shame to bust up!

a lot of people will think 'break the fookers' then there cars will be worth more in a few years, but in reality there are not many good examples floating around, so although i would get more money in parts i think i may sell these 3 cars complete! so someone else can enjoy them.
plus theres a lot more pride in work terms, repairing and making them good rather than smashing the living daylights out of them with a big bosher lol

Braveheart

This may be the wrong place to sell it. Most peeps on this site already have a GTiR.
The car does look good and I'm sure somebody could give it a good home.
Why not give it the once over, make it ship shape and advertise it else where.

P

pulsarboby

Mr GTiR said:
I'm sure i've seen that car before but just can't think where..........

was previously owned by a girl called sarah dont know if that used to be red who was on this site?

P

pulsarboby

its not really put up as an advertisement scott! just an 'am i doing the right thing kind of thread' lol
il have no trouble shifting it either way, just wanted all your thoughts!!!

am i busting up too many of these cars? theres been 26 in a year and half ive broke now, just think its kind of sad really:sad: :twisted:

Mr GTiR

Give her the once over (sort any bits that need doing) and sell her. The car looks nice enough and let someone enjoy a nice clean example.

If I had the money I would love a nice clean stock R as an every day runabout.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
pulsarboby said:
am i busting up too many of these cars? theres been 26 in a year and half ive broke now, just think its kind of sad really:sad: :twisted:
If they've passed their sell by date then I’d be happy to see them broken up to help others, however if the cars are in decent condition and need a few easy-ish things to be done to make them road going I’d restore them and offer them up for sale. :)

P

pulsarboby

neil240z said:
I can see an XJS in that pic too! my brothers have one each!!

i used to love the things as i used to be a bit of a jag man myself:oops: ive had an e type, xjs 5.3 v12 and the 4.0 xjs he model, but the handling leaves a bit to be desired, bit like a citroen 2cv with a 6 pack, whos been on the p1ss :lol:

Mr GTiR

pulsarboby said:
i used to love the things as i used to be a bit of a jag man myself:oops: ive had an e type, xjs 5.3 v12 and the 4.0 xjs he model, but the handling leaves a bit to be desired, bit like a citroen 2cv with a 6 pack, whos been on the p1ss :lol:
Guess what Bob is going to start breaking once he's worked his way through all the GTiR's in the country.............:lol:

P

pulsarboby

Mr GTiR said:
Guess what Bob is going to start breaking once he's worked his way through all the GTiR's in the country.............:lol:

:oops: :oops: :lol: no more 2cv's pleeaaaase

Braveheart

pulsarboby said:
its not really put up as an advertisement scott! just an 'am i doing the right thing kind of thread' lol
il have no trouble shifting it either way, just wanted all your thoughts!!!

If you have enough spares to supply the current demand which I think you do, make her sweet, sell it on to somebody that will enjoy the R experience and fuel them with spare parts as well. You will probably get it back again at a later date... ;-)

O

Odin

Scrap the f*cking thing :doh: ,If not to Just save the world from anymore chav tailgates on the road embarrassing the rest of us :der: .

SCRAP IT, SCRAP IT, SCRAP IT, SCRAP IT

Rob

P

pulsarboby

must be hard in canada as you have to pay a mint for anything and very few s/h spares available over there! and shipping anything is very expensive too.

think if i lived there my car would not resemble an R anymore after ive adapted bits from other motors to fit when something goes wrong lol. would be worth someones while to import a few cars over there and break them, as theres no spares available!
there you go, ive set you on the road to riches:lol: :thumbsup:you could be the canadian pulsarboby, god help you:lol:

there is one guy from ebay ive shipped parts too who lives on a carribean island called Aruba, think he owns the island as the shipping costs for parts there are seriously high:shock: and he has the only R on the island, so its like his own personal racetrack8)

neil240z

pulsarboby said:
way cool, my brothers both have 4 litres.

though my younger brother of the 2 has had a xj12 with gas conversion and a red mk 2 and my older of the 2 has still got as well, a damiler double six, a series one xj6 and a xjs 6.0 le mans. i think he is getting rid of the lot for an XK8 soon though. the e-type has always been a favorite though!

big beasts, defo for cruising, not racing!

O

Odin

I've had 3 jags and they're all 5hit, And just about the 5hittest car they ever made was the XJS :doh: :roll: .

They rust like no body's business the interiors are rubbish and for a big car they must have just about the lousiest amount of space for the driver of just about any car :roll: .

The gearboxes are also cr@p and they're not exactly the easiest things to work on are they, About their only redeeming feature is the design of the suspension which is pretty good apart from the fact they are a bit softly sprung :cry: .

Rob