PESH'S ENGINE

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
vpulsar said:
Fast Guy said:
RishiGTiR said:
James from Innovative Performance re-mapped 1000miles later and it DET'd to total destruction...

Rishi
:shock: A tuner did it? Not a keyboard mapper?
You could hardly call James a tuner :shock:
rob
I did for the purpose of this thread as like you say he's in business selling parts and claims to map engines, like everyone else out there. :wink:
Is there a tuner certified qualification in the car world, to prove that you know how do to it?

ashills

GINDA said:
Fast Guy said:
Is there a tuner certified qualification in the car world, to prove that you know how do to it?
Yes its called customer feed back :wink:
:D
also people like motec and AEM do training courses for mappers to attend the AEM one is in vegas i believe
but with mapping a lot is learned the hard way ie killing engines but tuners shouldnt be doing this learning on customers cars

O

Odin

Fast Guy said:

Yes I'm sure if you've pasted the motec coarse you would have some sort of certificate to prove that you have passed there test :wink: .

Just stick to places like powerstation that know there stuff 8) .

rob

B

BOBGBH

if one thing at all has come out from my origanal thread i hope that all you guys have realised it pays to do some background research before you let any of these people with pretty websites touch your R.

i have been in this industry a long time and we all have our different capabilities it is my opinion there are some damn good mappers out there and it pays to do your research, i use different mappers for different management and although i can map myself i do not consider i am as good as some of these guys.

i do agree PESH has himself to blame but at the end of the day one does feel sorry for him. i hope the company involved have adequate public liability insurance to cover there mistake.

Dooie Pop Pop

we hear you Bob but the trouble is you nearly always get conflicting feedback :?

what if a guy only fucks up 2 out of 10 cars? 80% success ain't bad unless your part of the 20% :lol: and getting someone to admit liability is never easy :(

thing is as you probably well know :wink: we put our lives and souls into our cars, sometimes to the detriment of everything else and it seems that the more aware of the industry i become iv found finding someone i can trust to give me and my car 100% without striping me up or charging me an unnecessary fortune is nigh on impossible or based so far away its silly :roll:

so iv come to at least try and do more of the work myself and rely on engineers rather than tuners and people iv met on here for the stuff i cant do :lol: so far its been fine, i get impartial advice and apart from the £20 its not cost me a penny :D :D :D

do admit iv not heard a singe gripe about you or GBH either :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
BOBGBH said:
i do agree PESH has himself to blame........

For going to a company to get his car tuned? Or have I missed something?

Unfortunately you can never guarentee that things will turn out OK* but you hope it will be and to be honest I think the only people I'd trust with my car also own them and don't take the p!ss when you ask for a price for something. (for eg someone on one of the forums was quoted 50hrs labour to do a clutch, that's five 10hour days :evil: )

(*probably why I have a ccj against a company from my previous car)

Jgti-R

My car is with Bob at GBH at the moment and wouldn't use anyone else,
i've been more than happy with the work they've done for me and always listen to his advice, through years of his own experience.

like Bob says....... it's a case of research and advice when it comes to tuning

i think the story has got a bit mixed up along the way

maybe a certain 'mapper' should stick to mail order :roll:

pesh90

where's my ENGINE!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:..All i want is to get the R back on the road and drive it :evil: .

FUCKED OFF i used a certain person to map the R, don't need everyone telling me its your own fault BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!BEEN TOLD A FUCKING THOUSAND TIME'S ALREADY :evil: ....Why is he still allowed to advertise on the site then??

ARRRRHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTiR_Mic

Jgti-R said:
My car is with Bob at GBH at the moment and wouldn't use anyone else,
i've been more than happy with the work they've done for me and always listen to his advice, through years of his own experience.

like Bob says....... it's a case of research and advice when it comes to tuning
Everyone has there own opinion to who they want there car to go with and not to go.

An example of that is, I would put my car into Body Torque (Used to be Outrun Performance) as I trust them with my car and there work is good, also my mate works there and get things a bit cheaper :lol:

Mic

A

andyz

where's my ENGINE!!!!!!! ..All i want is to get the R back on the road and drive it .

broken OFF i used a certain person to map the R, don't need everyone telling me its your own fault BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!BEEN TOLD A sodding THOUSAND TIME'S ALREADY ....Why is he still allowed to advertise on the site then??

ARRRRHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you take your car to a tuner, you expect them to do there job properly, and not cause damage to your car. Pesh, have you looked into the provision of goods and services act 1982. There are a couple of bits in there you may want to look at if you decide to try and recover some of your loss. And for people to turn round and say its your fault for using a certain tuner to map your car, thats balls. They shouldnt have taken the work on if they were incapable of doing it properly. Why start kicking someone when they need it least.

just my 2p

Jamesw

andyz said:
where's my ENGINE!!!!!!! ..All i want is to get the R back on the road and drive it .

broken OFF i used a certain person to map the R, don't need everyone telling me its your own fault BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!BEEN TOLD A sodding THOUSAND TIME'S ALREADY ....Why is he still allowed to advertise on the site then??

If you take your car to a tuner, you expect them to do there job properly, and not cause damage to your car. Pesh, have you looked into the provision of goods and services act 1982. There are a couple of bits in there you may want to look at if you decide to try and recover some of your loss. And for people to turn round and say its your fault for using a certain tuner to map your car, thats balls. They shouldnt have taken the work on if they were incapable of doing it properly. Why start kicking someone when they need it least.

just my 2p

Who's fault is it then? Not the engine builders fault, you cant blame the engine builder for coming on here and trying to put the record straight! Why would he want someone elses' mapping bringing down his reputation.!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Jamesw said:
Who's fault is it then? Not the engine builders fault, you cant blame the engine builder for coming on here and trying to put the record straight! Why would he want someone elses' mapping bringing down his reputation.!
We established it was the remapper, not the engine builder pages ago :wink:
It was blamed on a keyboard mapper, who in fact (as far as I'm concerned) can be classed as a tuner as he's in business selling and tuning :? the stuff

pete-r

Fast Guy said:
as he's in business selling and tuning :? the stuff
Which this website doesnt appear to be bothered about,as he is STILL advertising here :roll: .Its funny how "the mapper" himself hasnt commented, i think your silence confirms what everyone is thinking James.

O

Odin

At the end of the day pesh tried to cut corners and save money by getting someone that has no real qualifications to map anything, James should of know better as well. But whats done is done and its up to these two guys to sort out the problem, Its none of are business is it :roll: .

So can we just leave them to sort this out :roll: .

rob

LOU ROB

vpulsar said:
At the end of the day pesh tried to cut corners and save money by getting someone that has no real qualifications to map anything, James should of know better as well. But whats done is done and its up to these two guys to sort out the problem, Its none of are business is it :roll: .

Fo oking hell Rob, that is the most sensible comment i've seen you post in a long time :shock: Are you feeling o.k :?: :wink: :lol:

Pesh, hope you get the problem sorted soon mate.

O

Odin

LOU ROB said:
vpulsar said:

Fo oking hell Rob, that is the most sensible comment I've seen you post in a long time :shock: Are you feeling o.k :?: :wink: :lol:
:shock: I'm always sensible mate :? .

Maybe this mod malarkey is rubbing off on me :oops: .

rob

S

sam_elassar

GTiR_Mic said:
kirko said:
vpulsar said:
GTiR_Mic said:
Fast Guy said:
vpulsar said:
I wouldn't let half the tuners in the country near my Motec let alone some of these muppets :roll: .

rob
I think the only mappers I'd even consider would be Mark Shead or Sam Elassar (the dentist)
I can't comment on Sam work but I have heard a few people crtitis his work and say he should stick tunning Evos and nothing else :roll:

Mic
Thats the problem mate :roll: theres far to much of this what people have heard second hand nonsense :roll: , I think inless you've had first hand expiriance of said tuner/mapper your ie people should keep quite :wink: .

rob
i agree with this it really annoys me when people comment on things that
a mate had heard from his mates mate who read it on the internet :twisted:
Well it wasn't off the internet that i got it from RIGHT, it was first hand experice, OK.

I wasn't trying to imply anything by it but by the way i have put it I did come out that way, so Im sorry so don't jump on your high horses at once and have all of you had the experince with him to defend him or you just hearing word of mouth then??

Mic

hi mic

sorry to hear that you have have heard few people critcise my work on the GTir. i have only done 4-5gtir in the UK last year. and never really heard any negative feedback from any of them.

will be doing a gtir soon on scoobyclinic and hopefully will get some good results to post for you guys.

sam