OOPS! iv killed it again

Braveheart

It's difficult to know where to draw the line when throwing good money at the R. If it was I, and I was not looking for more than 300bhp or thrashing my car round a track, I would just fit a second hand box but have it checked first before fitting.

MORF114

Id like to know in the back of my mind that its a little bit stronger than before if you cant afford quaife then why not? its a little bit of a reasurance that your box is a bit stronger.

surely cryoing and peening isnt going to cost a arm and a leg?

Anyone had these parts cryoed and peened?

johnsy

got myself a gearbox today:-D all the way to Birmingham for a shot peened box and internals:thumbsup: allegedly rebuilt about 3500miles ago ,just got to get it fitted now prob's be a couple weeks.cant wait to get it back on the road,
don't know if i should get it looked at before i get it fitted though wot cha reckon ???????????

Last edited by a moderator:

davey red.r

johnsy said:
got myself a gearbox today:-D all the way to Birmingham for a shot peened box and internals:thumbsup: allegedly rebuilt about 3500miles ago ,just got to get it fitted now prob's be a couple weeks.cant wait to get it back on the road,
don't know if i should get it looked at before i get it fitted though wot cha reckon ???????????
yes get it checked dan, its nothing to open it up ,when its off the car.

good luck davey;-)

youngsyp

A Quiafe gearset wouldn't have saved the housing on the gearbox, it would just be more resistant to stripping the gears !

If it were me, I'd follow Morf114's original advice and go for the shotpeened and cryo treated gearset and casing. I'm happy with the power mines making now though so, wouldn't want any more.

Still, it looks like you've done that anyway ! ;-)

Paul

johnsy

ITS ALIVE !

only its seems iv broken a drop link and the garage only told me when i picked it up,but apart from that its good to have it back .dont know wether i should be drivind like an asshole with a broken drop link any ideas how much for a new one??

davey red.r

yes i seen her parked outside your flat tonight:thumbsup:
theres drop links front £38 and rears £43,fleabay,there in bishop aukland,got new poly bushes too.
not long now until the next thing goes wrong:sad: :lol:

davey;-)

Last edited:

johnsy

cheers davey we should go out for a thrash sometime whike there still running lol ,
i must say it feels and pulls alot stronger than before
got some more bad news the other day so im making the most of it cos i might have to sell both my cars

this credit crunch is killing us ,building trade has stopped ceased my lasses company has sold summit like 5 houses since jan not looking good at all

was looking into getting out and going to canada or summit but to late hello negative equaty

oh on a good note im going go-karting the mora

johnsy

it may well be and my c2 vts, gonna wait till the bitter end though , managed to keep both last time this happened , you interested like?