OOPS! iv killed it again

johnsy

[SIZE=+0]down changed in to 4th booted it, into 5th followed by grinding noise and a couple of knocks as the gear casing made its way under the car .

got it back into 4th briefly then neutral coasted into a bus stop ,poped out to have a look, oil pissing out looks like the gears have come through the housing, can see a small cog and wot looked like a bearing

tried gear 2nd and1st when i was coating slowly and it seemed to be working.but while waiting for the a team to turn up it totally seized wouldnt budge.

any one been in this situation???

recovered it to garage till moring there really busy so i guess it could be a few days to a week till i find wot damage was caused,

all in all shit happens i knew this was gonna happen sooner or later ,ill miss it while its off the road but i get to try and break it again when i get it back

long live the mighty 'R
[/SIZE]

Last edited:

snoon

johnsy your typing in invisible font!! I can only see it when i highlight it??????!!!!!?????

Gutted, might aswell get a quaife!

johnsy

bollocks to quaife ,probs go with a norrisdesigns rebuilt one there about 700 but im open to suggestions!!

olliecast

johnsy said:
bollocks to quaife ,probs go with a norrisdesigns rebuilt one there about 700 but im open to suggestions!!
depends on what power mate, but if you`ve managed to wreck this one may be worth paying a bit more for the quaife?

KF79GTIR

johnsy said:

Yeah speak to Pulsarbobby you could probably get two for the price that norris will charge you for one.

Kev.

johnsy

i think you get a warranty from norris though, it was only runnin 278bhp but it certainly had a hard life.
im only going for 300bhp in the future, and those quaifes or so exspensive bit over kill me thinks but could be wrong,

might try nissan for a laugh

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've never heard of anyone doing the gearcase with so little power, so well done. (I think.)

johnsy

friend ofa friend who works for nos supplies was goadind me the other week about my chocolate gearbox, theres me saying its all a myth unless your running big power , i dont believe it was a bad change either just went for 5th lifted off the clutch and well nothing it were nt an horendous noise just more like clunk click game over ,real anti climax had vision s of a blown box being the loudest and scariest situation to be in !

been to tuner this morning he's busy ,said he might be able to have a look at it some time this week , cant wait to find out wot iv done,as you can imagine the missus aint happyLOL

MORF114

Just cryo and shot peen the std cogs and the end casing aswell cheaper than quaife and you dont want major hp .

gtirx2

Fast Guy said:
I've never heard of anyone doing the gearcase with so little power, so well done. (I think.)
I blew a casing with the same sort of power but from a launch,but for it to breck from 4th to 5th with that sort of power is a bit worrying:?
Personly i would not go for a norris box as at £700 his recon box is no better than anyone elses recon box its just twice the price,i bet he don't even change the diff bearings in his 'recon boxes' and only does the bare minimum of what has to be done.

LOU ROB

Sounds to me youv'e had bits of broken teeth floating around in your gear oil and they've jammed between the gears and forced the gearbox to pop.

Happened to me a few times, never blown the casing though........yet.

davey red.r

johnsy said:
i think you get a warranty from norris though, it was only runnin 278bhp but it certainly had a hard life.
im only going for 300bhp in the future, and those quaifes or so exspensive bit over kill me thinks but could be wrong,

might try nissan for a laugh
that might of been the original box dan?
16yr old so its done well.

davey

johnsy

iv had it seven month, its getting on now 14yrs old this yr

All pulsar's have had a hard life like any other performance car ,

just now iv got to decide wot to rebuild with ! learning as i go cos i know fcuk all

Break it ,fix it ,break it again