one of first pulsars made???

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What the log book says is not that relevant as it was written by some Muppet in the dvla .mine just says Nissan no mention of pulsar
I'm pretty sure that mine says 'Sunny GTi previously registered overseas' - as you say; some muppet just ticked a box with the closest thing instead of registering it properly. The P badge and the Kanji give it away though.

dannogti-r

South Wales Rep
I'm pretty sure that mine says 'Sunny GTi previously registered overseas' - as you say; some muppet just ticked a box with the closest thing instead of registering it properly. The P badge and the Kanji give it away though.

mines registered as a sunny gti too

Fire & skill

Vintage member
mines is listed as a GTI R1 :noidea:

Manufacturer: NISSAN PULSAR GTI R1
Transmission: unknown
Model: unknown
Fuel: Petrol
Number of doors: 3 Door Hatchback
First registration: 29 Jan 2001
Engine: 1998
Colour: WHITE

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Also the Chassis number is the last one of the 91 Run (more proof),

Just to rub your nose in it a bit more because it was the last one of the 91 run...... thus making it number 500 of 500 light weight RB model!! Chassis Number RNN14* 005769

You may now commence eating your Hat
Yours wasn't the last one produced in 91. It might have been the last one of the 1st run. See the red highlights for 3 more runs. If Nissan had to make 500Gtirs per year (ie 90/91/92/93/94) then yours isn't 500/500 just another random RB like mine.

There were 5 seperate periods of production:
  • 000102 (08/90) - 005769 (04/91) [5667 total] Series 1
  • 020004 (06/91) - 021480 (09/91) [1476 total]
  • 051003 (10/91) - 053490 (07/92) [2487 total]
  • 100003 (08/92) - 102340 (07/93) [2337 total] Series 2
  • 150002 (08/93) - 151846 (11/94) [1844 total]
My car was built in 91 in Japan of NME uk and registered in the UK in 1994,

Hence the M9 NME reg (Im sure no one else other than Nissan can put a Newer REG on an older Chassis )
My RB was produced in Aug 90, but it's on a J (92) plate, so I guess I have a special NME car too. Especially as I also have a GT2871R (although mine in the dining room, not the engine bay)

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What my V5 actually says is:
Make: Nissan
Model: Sunny GTi
Body: 3 door hatchback
Cylinder capacity: 2000 (I gained an extra 2cc!)
Wheelpan: 2-axle-rigid body
Engine Number: SR20 (I'm sure it's got more stamped on the block)
Colour: White (well 'Marble White' so that's pretty close)
Date of Registraiton: 3/4/1999 (Decl/D Manuf 1990)

I'm sure the previous owner's V5 said it had previously been registered overseas, but mine doesn't?

0027XX puts me squarely in that first production band, so she genuinely will be 20 years old when we hold the celebration next year!

Last edited:

NME_RR

cool, so there could possibly be more than 500 light weights built before 91, but as a minimum there must have been at least 500 built before the end of 1991 to compete in the rallying,

So the car i call mine is the last one of how ever many produced for the 91 batch...... So you tell me what number is mine(it is the last)!!

Did nissan just build the 500 just for the rallying or did their budget for the 500 stretch more, who knows how there company works??

NME_RR

and i know my car was built in japan it clearly says it on the vin plate, but it has some uk spec, , (well as far as i'm aware all the clocks and that's it )

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
cool, so there could possibly be more than 500 light weights built before 91, but as a minimum there must have been at least 500 built before the end of 1991 to compete in the rallying,

So the car i call mine is the last one of how ever many produced for the 91 batch...... So you tell me what number is mine(it is the last)!!

Did nissan just build the 500 just for the rallying or did their budget for the 500 stretch more, who knows how there company works??

I'd guess possibly Nissan don't even know what number yours was out of the 500, assuming there were 500 made as they don't have plaques on like some limited edition cars and weren't built sequentially ie 500 in a row. Like I say, it's just another random RB out of many. Mine is definately one of the early ones as it's in the 0006xxs.

NME_RR

I'd guess possibly Nissan don't even know what number yours was out of the 500, assuming there were 500 made as they don't have plaques on like some limited edition cars and weren't built sequentially ie 500 in a row. Like I say, it's just another random RB out of many. Mine is definately one of the early ones as it's in the 0006xxs.
For Nissan to even think about competing in the rallying they had to build 5000 cars between 01/01/1991 - 31/12/1991 and before the end of 1991 10% had to be Homogolated ( RB ) as a minimum for them to compete.

As the RB came with extras such as more expensive differentials im sure they would have budgeted just for 500 why any more??, (im guessing)

as my chassis number is around 00576* im assuming they built around 600 cars in 1990, and 5000 in 1991 with 10% homogolated. The guidlines for rallying are very strict and closely monitored!! ( bearing in mind the chassis numbers started at 000102)

I'm just going by chasiss numbers and a small amount of logic, ,

im not saying im wrong, (but what I have personally reasearched I think i'm not far off the truth )

At the end of the day ( or YEAR as the case may be ) mine is the last official RB built no matter what you say

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
im not saying im wrong, (but what I have personally reasearched I think i'm not far off the truth )

At the end of the day ( or YEAR as the case may be ) mine is the last official RB built no matter what you say

I just don't get your logic. Yours was the last of first batch which ended part way through the year. The next two batches covered the last 6 months of the same year and you're telling me Nissan built NO more RBs that year after your in April?

Unless.....you're trying to say Nissan only ever built 500 and no more and only from your batch. (more could be spares) I thought they had to build 500/10% or whatever each year they rallied?

Last edited:

steveyboy

god man dont be so touchy about you car, its a gtir, that should be enough, wether its the first middle or last. just enjoy it. 8)

J

jonesey

can you post a pic of the VIN plate please rams?

never heard of one in double figures!

the earliest one in fast i can find is 102 - which has a weird (wrong?) date of feb '91

103 = an autech model
105 = aug '90
108 = aug '90
110 = apr '91 (another wierd one)
111 = aug '90
113 = aug '90
114 = aug '90
115 = aug '90
124 = aug '90
etc...
Mine is around those early figures too and is registered as a 91 unless there were mistakes on registration or else numbers held spare???hmmm:?