one of first pulsars made???

rams_pulsar

just been looking at my chassis code 'RNN14......" and mine is 0000013 so does this make my car the unlucky 13th one off the production line??? anyone got a lower number?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Oh yeah - you've got an odd one made in Japan for NME (and not therefore neither a Jap spec Pulsar nor a Sunny!?).

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
can you post a pic of the VIN plate please rams?

never heard of one in double figures!

the earliest one in fast i can find is 102 - which has a weird (wrong?) date of feb '91

103 = an autech model
105 = aug '90
108 = aug '90
110 = apr '91 (another wierd one)
111 = aug '90
113 = aug '90
114 = aug '90
115 = aug '90
124 = aug '90
etc...

NME_RR

Oh yeah - you've got an odd one made in Japan for NME (and not therefore neither a Jap spec Pulsar nor a Sunny!?).
So what your saying is my car doesn't exist?

Well it does! Lmao

The log book says UK Sunny, , thats enough for me!! Oh and the NME bit!

Whos going to Silverstone May 31st it/I my "UK Sunny" will be there, with my bro's Jp Pulsar! :thumbsup: See it there!!

geoff pine

Well it does! Lmao

Whos going to Silverstone May 31st it/I my "UK Sunny" will be there, with my bro's Jp Pulsar! :thumbsup: See it there!!
What the log book says is not that relevant as it was written by some Muppet in the dvla .mine just says Nissan no mention of pulsar how far have you got tracing the registration number back
? when was it first issued as there have been (nme) registrations numbers up for sale in the past.

NME_RR

Not again, this has been covered before.

Im well aware of the issue of being able to buy NME plates,

My car was built in 91 in Japan of NME uk and registered in the UK in 1994,

Hence the M9 NME reg (Im sure no one else other than Nissan can put a Newer REG on an older Chassis )

Im not here to prove anything The log books all tie up ( i still have the old style one )and no Reg change was declaired!

Also the Chassis number is the last one of the 91 Run (more proof),

Just to rub your nose in it a bit more because it was the last one of the 91 run...... thus making it number 500 of 500 light weight RB model!! Chassis Number RNN14* 005769

You may now commence eating your Hat

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Real NME Sunny's ARE left hand drive, yours is right hand drive.

Please explain?

On another note, you can put a brand new plate (2009) on a 91 car if it has never been registered.
I've seen cossie's that have post 2000 reg plates as they have never been registered with the DVLA.
Its quite possible that this is the issue here.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No silly! I meant that you defy the trend based solely on the VIN number... or something like that; it was in that thread about the difference between the Sunny and the Pulsar, and your car was somewhere in between if I remember rightly.

Last edited:
G

GTI-R Kid

I wouldn't give the logbook much credit to be honest. When I did a HPI check on our latest car it told me it was registered as a Black 5 door Nissan. No model code or anything.

Oh and its now registered on Irish plates as a Nissan Sunny ;-)

Sunny-D

Well it does! Lmao

Your indicators are on the wrong side for it to be a "UK Sunny"

red reading

that car is not a u.k car (you have a vent where the umbrella was u.k cars have a solid panel)or a genuine rally car(they were left hand drive) it might have been a demo car or employee's car

red reading

Well it does! Lmao

here it is nme-rr uk car (i think not)