My R did us proud

pulsarmoley

Ha ha Stumo! I thought about it but didn't bother, I didn't want to steal your guys ritual! Yes, still running well so will be at the sprint day! Got some 888's to put on it now as well for Essex! :) I didn't bother with them at York as it kept raining.
lightning the R just involved takin out the rear seats an parcel shelf, besides the obvious engine stuff already removed an scrapped! I was doing a 113 over the line so not a bad guess there!
Cant wait for the sprint day again now, let's see if it goes back home on an AA truck again like it did 2 years ago! ;-)
Watch them brake lines ;-) :lol:

Good memory pulsarmoley! I've been careful with them ever since. Hopefully if I break it again you'll be able to help me out again! :)I don't know how you get loads of torque Andy, I just took it to silverstone Motorsport, now called group b Motorsport in Wales and let them do the mapping work. I believe the turbo elbow I fitted since the last remap helped it out though.

P

pulsarboby

similar power to my trackcar
thats making around 359 @ 1.6 bar but 378ilft torque
but the car weighs a ton once my fat ass is in it plus the cage is bloody heavy too

very good time chris, well done fella

Awesome, they were friendly, helpful and new what they were doing! I drove from Leeds to go there. They gave me a before and after printout too! But best of all, it's been good couple of month since they remapped mine, and about 8 month since they remapped my dads car, an neither of them has gone bang!! ;-)

stumo

That's a lot of torque for 1.4bar?

I'm wondering, how can you ramp up the lbft with much lower bhp figures? Turbo restrictor?
you get that from having masses of torque at low revs**, the WRC cars often have a rev limit of around 6500 so can't rely on high revs to produce power, instead they have massive boost (prob around 3+bar) at low revs

**power (HO) is a function of the torque produced at whatever the revs are.

The restrictor is just a way of having a level playing field and doesn't do anything for the production of torque or power. The manufacturers have to come up with the best way of using the limited air that the restrictor allows.

Last edited:
WRC turbos tend to be around GT30 size (restrictor ahead of the inlet) although designed for high boost levels. The turbine stages tend to have larger wheels but smaller housings for more efficency at high expansion ratios. Other differences are the materials and manufacturing methods; e.g. stainless steel investment cast turbine housings and maram shafts to cope with anti-lag and in some cases steel copressor covers to avoid creep at high boost. A good example is the Garrett TR30R which was fitted to the WRC focus amoungst others.

chopper

" Mightydquinn" You must be fairly good at 1/4 miles as everyone on here will tell you that a good driver is worth a second or two off your time. What are you launching at?

Don't be daft chopper, I just closed my eyes an hoped for the best!! Ha ha! ;-) the weather conditions kept changing, but in the dry, it was around 5k, just enough to not bog down, but also not too much as to light the tyres up! :)

Molz

Just out of interest, what are you using to strengthen the gearbox casing. I assume you launching the car to get those times?

skiddusmarkus

Molz, I don't know if you know about the STR motorsport ones from the gtir modifiers site?They cost around £340.Also mazworks racing have just made up a billet alluminium casing.No price for that yet but I think that will be in the thousands, not hundreds.