motec

A

Allan GTI-R

lol @ the cold start problems - that doesn't happen here.

Someone should come over here and do the courses in tuning these computers :lol:

MarkTurbo

vpulsar said:
Let's just say we put your car next to one exactley the same mod for mod
except you have a Power FC and the other has a motec which one would be faster run better and have more power and torque??????.

I shall await your answer with baited breath :roll: :wink:
Might depend on the size/weight of the driver too :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

Seriously though the motec has a pretty impressive list of functions 8) Aren't they about £2k though?

D

domestos75

i got a motec too :p so you're not alone
its good at collecting dust at the mo :? ...... but not for long.
will hopefully be fitted in 2-3 weeks.
as for problems with cold starts,we'll just have to see what happens 8)

cheers,
steven.

P.S it's an M4 pro and car is stock at the mo.

O

Odin

oap-r said:
:lol: :lol: read thru the post,only 1 person has agreed with your choice.everybody else has just taken the pith :lol:

there's been a few who have shown an interest in the thread and a couple of no brainer's like you also :roll: ......

I really don't understand the attitude of some of the member's this wasn't me saying look I'm better than you it was just posting up some harmless info about my ECU as many people have asked me what it does and how it does it and to be honest I have no idear so I thought that this may help some other member's with choosing there replacement ECU's.

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

vpulsar said:
oap-r said:
:lol: :lol: read thru the post,only 1 person has agreed with your choice.everybody else has just taken the pith :lol:
cos we aint got one

there's been a few who have shown an interest in the thread and a couple of no brainer's like you also :roll: ...... BS this had been read by more than just those who posted

I really don't understand the attitude of some of the member's this wasn't me saying look I'm better than you no just that your ecu is better than everyone elses

it was just posting up some harmless info about my ECU as many people have asked me what it does and how it does it and to be honest I have no idear so I thought that this may help some other member's with choosing there replacement ECU's. it has been very helpfull rob but i still cant afford it :cry: thanks for posting though
and yes, i am jealous too :( :lol:
stu

A

AndrewD

oap-r said:
there wouldn`t be that much of a difference in power or torque to justify the extra expense of going for a motec over an fc 8)

the power fc will probably run better as the cold start/running problems with the motec are well documented even tho there have been some top mappers involved :?
oh man, your acting as if you've owned a motec, or worked with one

i HAVE work with them, as they are the prime ecu that we use on our race car, and trust me, the power gained by a motec over standard single piece controllers such as an avc or power fc, is FANOMINAL

but the biggest and id have to say the most single factor that makes them ABSOLUTELY CRAP on everything else, is that you can tune / adjust all most every aspect of the engine, suspension and traction for the car, PLUS you can get histograms such as lateral g, suspension travel, temp readouts and manifold pressure diagrams

oh did i mention also about the FUEL CUT and SPARK CUT? for better fuel consumption? especially for braking and gear shifts?

O

Odin

devylboi said:

i HAVE work with them, as they are the prime ecu that we use on our race car, and trust me, the power gained by a motec over standard single piece controllers such as an avc or power fc, is FANOMINAL

but the biggest and id have to say the most single factor that makes them ABSOLUTELY CRAP on everything else, is that you can tune / adjust all most every aspect of the engine, suspension and traction for the car, PLUS you can get histograms such as lateral g, suspension travel, temp readouts and manifold pressure diagrams

oh did i mention also about the FUEL CUT and SPARK CUT? for better fuel consumption? especially for braking and gear shifts?
Well you know a lot more than me about the motec :oops: .....

I'd be interested in any info you have for the M48 pro ie extra option's and how to get them and how they would benefit me in day to day runing and track day's.... :wink:

regards Rob

O

Odin

you'v been smokeing to much weed matey :roll: :lol: ......

I suppose you could call it a proper ecu in the skiddusmarkus school of
bodging styleeeeeeee :p :wink:............

rob

Nad

In the end of the day its who maps it that counts the most. I am going to Mark Shead as IMO he is one of the best, and I have read many an account of other tuners who have rang him for info, espaecially on Autronics. I have no money to waste. If I thought my car would work how I wanted it to and give me the information I would like from a power fc I would have one. Yes I could get a motec but fancy trying something different, not that there is much between them as both ECU's stemed from the same pair of brains.

Nad

O

Odin

This was supposed to be a thread about the motec's spec that's all, And not a slaging match who's is best bollox ...As I'v never said mine's better than anybody's, I posted it up just as informatoin for the other member's
not to start an argument :roll: .

I also don't understand your argument Nad you say you want to be different, That's fair enuf mate but who say's different is better top
race teams use the motec because it works well, Do you think they
may just wake up one morning and say I facy being different today I'll
change my ecu..... :?

rob

skiddusmarkus

vpulsar said:
This was supposed to be a thread about the motec's spec that's all, And not a slaging match who's is best bollox ...As I'v never said mine's better than anybody's, I posted it up just as informatoin for the other member's
>>Yes you do,all the time :lol: .

I also don't understand your argument Nad you say you want to be different, That's fair enuf mate but who say's different is better top

rob

>>Top rally cars use Autronics too Rob.

I will admit that your Motec is better than my ECU though,but did cost loads more.Having driven your car though it's worth the money,yours pulled better than any GTiR I've been in on that boost and will vome into it's own when you have the new engine in.

Nad

vpulsar said:

rob
I didnt say the Autronics was better. It just provides more information than the Power FC. Rob if u read what I said, Motec was owned by two people. They parted and one bloke went off to set up Autronics. I do not have a motec so its not a case of me waking up and changing my mind. I knew from the start what I was going for. I mean being different as in everyone goes for Motec of Power FC, I know only one other R owner in the UK with an Autronics.

Nad

Nad

Motec M48 Pro

CPU Motorola 32-bit @ 33MHz
Max Cylinders 12
Fuel Maps 40
Ignition Maps 40
Load Points per Map 21
Total Fuel Points 840
Total Ignition Points 840
Fuel Correction Maps or Factors Coolant Temp, Air Temp, Full Throttle, Closed Throttle, Battery Volts, Cold Start, Throttle Pump, Injector Trim
Ignition Correction Maps or Factors Coolant Temp, Air Temp
Injector Outputs 8
Ignition Outputs 2
Auxiliary Inputs 2
Auxiliary Outputs Max 3 (Depending on Number of Cylinders)
O2 Sensor Yes (Wideband)
Closed Loop Operation Yes
Data Logging Yes
Boost Control Yes
Traction/Launch Control Optional
Nitrous Management Yes
VTEC Control Indirect (RPM Operated output)
Anti-Lag Yes
Flat-Shift Yes
PC Programmable Yes - DOS
Handset Programmable No

Autronic SM2
CPU Intel 16-bit @ 16MHz
Max Cylinders 16
Fuel Maps 32
Ignition Maps 32
Load Points per Map 16
Total Fuel Points 512
Total Ignition Points 512
Fuel Correction Maps or Factors Coolant Temp, Air Temp, Full Throttle, Closed Throttle, Battery Volts, Cold Start, Throttle Pump, Injector Trim
Ignition Correction Maps or Factors Coolant Temp, Air Temp, Altitude
Injector Outputs 8
Ignition Outputs 4
Auxiliary Inputs 3
Auxiliary Outputs 9
O2 Sensor Yes
Closed Loop Operation Yes
Data Logging Yes
Boost Control Yes
Traction/Launch Control Yes
Nitrous Management Yes
VTEC Control Indirect (RPM/Load Operated output)
Anti-Lag Yes
Flat-Shift Yes
PC Programmable Yes - DOS
Handset Programmable No

The main difference is the auxillary and ignition inputs and outputs which is why I have chosen it, that and the altitude control for extreme hillclimbing ;). To match that u need a Motec M800 and that is big money!!

Also it comes with auto tune which is lot faster and more accurate than mose engine tuners, down to 0.5%. It can map the car in 20 mins, after that it just needs tweaking. So this saves money when changing turbos etc.

Nad

A

AndrewD

vpulsar said:
devylboi said:

Well you know a lot more than me about the motec :oops: .....

I'd be interested in any info you have for the M48 pro ie extra option's and how to get them and how they would benefit me in day to day runing and track day's.... :wink:

regards Rob
hey rob,

well the motec ecu unlike many others on the market are all produce with EVERYTHING availible to you, ie. your motec 48 will have all options as mentioned on their website for that unit, but to get them you have to UNLOCK it with a security code specific to your unit ;)

basically the main things you will need for track days are:

-launch control
-traction control

and if you want a better fuel economy
- ignition cut (which i believe is standard) but needs to be implimented via a switch

as for tuning, most tuners especially ones with experience with a motec, will get your car tuned on a dyno running well

but you will also need it tuned on the road as well if you want those extra gains, such things are:
- throttle control sensitivity (improved throttle response)
- acceleration enrichment
- and deceleration cut (i.e. cuts fuel)