Motec vs Power FC?

Sweeny

nice memski, but mine already has big injectors, turbo etc. but a crap afm, or so ive been told.

Cheers.

James.

Si..

what, and heres me forgetting hw much the gtir has changed in the last 10 years. and anyway it has changed on some of the programing last year

its rated better than the motec and power fc by may race teams.
what!!

you trying to say the tuning parts and the technology of them hasnt changed in 10 yrs :roll:

anyways i'm just going off what i was told last week by someone who maps gems quite often. :!:

zia

anyways i'm just going off what i was told last week by someone who maps gems quite often
is that the ( dentist) or mr simpson? having motec :lol: i love it, my only wish would be that if had the info and tools to map it myself.

zia

Nad

In the end of the day its only as godd as the person who mapped it. Even Sam (the dentist) gets info from MAD Mark so I know where I am going.

Regarding that Motec M4 price, the Autronics quote was around £1000 for ECU, £200 for parts (sensor rings, map sensor etc) £350 fitting (total rewire), £350 tuning (on the road where it should be done), £50 for AL, £50 for LC all + VAT comes to around £2500. Now lets see u get the Motec done for £1800 incl VAT :wink: :lol:

Nad

O

Odin

Yeah my Motec was £2700 fitted and mapped :shock: .

But mine is an M48 pro and the M4 may be cheaper as
it's one of the new one's they have out at the mo :wink: .

chrisniss91

memski said:
, anti lag is also an option but it needs the software to switch it on.
Once my R is alive again i'm gonna see if i can have antilag on mine.
when you say software what do i need :?:

nismoboy

just got a quote from hiteq for a power fc=£881 then £40 an hour for mapping! and an extra £400 for a z32 maf supplied and fitted!

Sweeny

Are those prices including vat?

How long will it take Ian to map it?

And is it not better gettin a new ecu mapped on a rolling road?

Cheers.

Si..

and an extra £400 for a z32 maf supplied and fitted!
thats blatant robbery :shock: , i got mine delivered yesterday, brand spanking new from RC develpoments for £250. and it was a piece of p*ss to make a plate to adapt it to the filter.

A

Anonymous

Sweeny said:
And is it not better gettin a new ecu mapped on a rolling road?
only if you do all your driving on a rolling road :lol:

i`d say the best place to get it mapped is on the road :wink:

Sweeny

does it take two people to map it on the road then, coz you need to drive aswell as map it. :?

A

Anonymous

Sweeny said:
does it take two people to map it on the road then, coz you need to drive aswell as map it. :?
yes it would certainly be easier with 2 especially if you were able to map in real time.

if you map off of a trace,like when using a power fc and commander,you could do it on your own,if you know how to map ecu`s.

Sweeny

Nad said:
Now lets see u get the Motec done for £1800 incl VAT :wink: :lol:

Nad
Spoke to Darren at Jon Noble today about a Motec M4,his exact words "driven into the garage all fitted and mapped etc. then driven out = £1550+vat". :shock:

Think i might be getting one of these next month. :wink: :lol: .

@VPulsar : Do you have problems with cold starts? and where do you get yours mapped?

Cheers.

S

stuart rawlinson

Motec cold starts wot problem :shock:

I pump gas ped once leave it start it let it run for a couple of mins and it runs fine no MOTEC cold start problems :wink:

Stu

E

Edd

Yeh stu's has a perfect idle when it's cold :shock: not lumpy at all :wink: :roll:

S

stuart rawlinson

Edd said:
Yeh stu's has a perfect idle when it's cold :shock: not lumpy at all :wink: :roll:
Nowt wrong with lumpy :wink: Darling

You sld hear it now 8)