Motec vs Power FC?

Si..

launch control, traction control, anti- lag as an option, i think its got the necassary software to control water injection too, oh you get the cold start problem aswell.

it is one of the best for the pulsar tho, and those who have it love it.

the FC is a cheaper alternative with all the options you would ever really need, its just not as versatile as the motec. for the money you'd save tho, i'd say get the FC, its more than capable.

M

memski

My fc has launch control, anti lag is also an option but it needs the software to switch it on.

Sweeny

do you need an air flow meter with the fc?

Can it run nos on a different map thats on a switch?

Si..

you could also go for the gems ecu
gems havnt updated the Gti-r specific ecu since 1994, it might have been good in its day but i wouldnt fancy using a 10 year old ecu.

si

Sweeny

vpulsar cheers for the pm dude!

It was Daz at Jon Noble that suggested that i go for a motec and not a power fc, coz he knows of the mods on my car and said motec would be a better choice for my spec. and setup.

I have phil cavanaghs old motor, so its got a big spec. inc. nos. and runs quite crap on a unichip.

Think i'll ring Ian at hiteq in the morning and see what he suggests.

I dont mind savin for the motec tho. :wink:

Cheers.

James.

N

N1SMO

gems havnt updated the Gti-r specific ecu since 1994, it might have been good in its day but i wouldnt fancy using a 10 year old ecu.

what, and heres me forgetting hw much the gtir has changed in the last 10 years. and anyway it has changed on some of the programing last year

its rated better than the motec and power fc by may race teams.

A

Anonymous

autronics are mainly used for evos have they mapped a gtir ?

A

antilag

yes we currently have a massive spec gtir running 450+hp which is running on the autronics with no problems its a well suited ecu for the gtir just dam expensive

P

purplemonster

i think the autronic is one of the best on the market ,
but at the end of the day the goal of an aftermarket ecu is to optimise ignition timing under ALL conditions and same with the fuel map .

and most of the aftermaket ECUs will do that ,all the extras are just toys and rarely ever used

im going for an unknown ECU just to try and do things a differnt way ,ill probably fail on the way but ,i dont want to be the same as evveryone else lol

life would be so boring if we all had power fcs ,sard this ,and hks that

think out side of whats allready been done :)
ROBERT

O

Odin

purplemonster said:
think out side of whats allready been done :)
ROBERT
In the case of the motec and power fc.

The reason it's been done before is that it works well and get's very
good power gains, On my car just fitting the motec and front mount
gained me 70lb's of torque and 60 bhp, I don't think just wanting to
be dif is a good reason to spend a lot of money on an unknown :roll: .

He should look at all the option's out there and get the best one for
the mod's his car is running not be a test mule for an unknow product
just for the sake of it, oap-r is running a power fc at over 400bhp and
2 bar, I have been in his car and it runs very well :).

Don't take mine or anybody elses word for it on hear talk to people that
fit and map these systems and make sure you get the best for your needs. :wink:

rob

P

purplemonster

vpulsar
your opinion is much appriciated and im looking at all options

i enjoy building and modding my car as much as driving it ,and i enjoy the weeks it takes me to map it also :)

i did was considering a power FC but no one seemed to have one at a decent price when i was looking so went anothe route

ROBERT

A

Anonymous

Greddy emanage is an option I am looking into as well.
Abbey Motorsport can map them right through the range as well as your timing and fueliing can be optimised to the set up you have.
cheaper than power FC and motec and adequate for road use.

depends on what u want and how far you want to go.

Motec is the nuts but costs as well.
autronic is not cheap either as I spoke to MA developments in Maidenhead about it...you ar elookign at 2k plus mapping!

ouch

Nad

Last time I spoke to them it was £2500 with tuning and a few extras like AL and LC incl Vat. The more u pay the more map points u have there for a better and more controlled map.

Nad

A

Anonymous

Berkshire Godzilla said:
autronic is not cheap either as I spoke to MA developments in Maidenhead about it...you ar elookign at 2k plus mapping!

ouch
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sweeny

Found out today that the motec m4 is £995+vat plus fitting plus mapping costs.

Daz at Jon Noble gave me this price!

But it depends on how long it takes on the rollers, coz its about £65 quid an hour :shock: .

I reckon it will be in the region of £17-1800.

I will probably go down this route, as i think i have a standard afm, and a motec doesn't need one.

I was quoted £795+ vat for a power fc plus fitting and mapping, plus about £200+vat plus fitting for the afm. This works out more than the motec. :?

Cheers.

James.

M

memski

My fc with mapping (and a new set of sparks :D) came in at around a grand. Well pleased with it, got bigger injectors, rail and afm sitting here waiting, keeping it all the way...