lack of power over 4500rpm

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I agree with Rob...

Take this up with Ian over the phone or face to face...

Ian is held in the highest regard in this club and from personal experience his work on my own car has always been excellent and has gone out his way to make sure my car was was absolutely right...

Rishi

1&onlygti-r

right finally got to the end of this. Overfueling like i said from day one, had to rip my engine to pieces to find this.
Hiteq set the managment up and cost me a wasted fortune, they said there was nothing wrong with the mapping obviously there was. This was after 3000 miles approx.

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
1&onlygti-r said:
right finally got to the end of this. Overfueling like i said from day one, had to rip my engine to pieces to find this.
Hiteq set the managment up and cost me a wasted fortune, they said there was nothing wrong with the mapping obviously there was.
How does that photo show it's definately been over fuelling and Ians at fault ??

I wonder if when the car was initially set up with the new turbo e.t.c. all was 100%, no over fuelling and a good map. Then once the car was returned to you, somehow something happened, like a stuck injector or something..............

1&onlygti-r

i had it checked on the rolling road and i was down massivly on power, as soon as it came onto boost there was nothing, it was like this when i got it back but all they wanted to do was to charge me more for looking into the problem, when everyone new it was the mapping (over fuelling/ bad map). besides if it was a stuck injector it would only be to one piston not all four

Gray

I very much doubt Ian is at fault as he would be the first to admit it if he was. Anyway regardless of whose fault it is what is the picture showing? Bore wash? Oil in the pistons? Is the engine salvagable?

geoff pine

Andy chan could shed some light on this did? he have similar problems on his last rebuild.with a lack of power and bore wash.

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Hang on a minite, was this the HKS turbo & Manifold you bought second hand off of Ebay that Ian fitted to you car ??

1&onlygti-r

no thats not fitted yet i had taken it off the road due to the problems i had, like i said as it came from hiteq with everything they had done nothing else touched it was overfuelling ( not running right), if it was as simple as a new turbo kit i had fitted don't you think i would of known that, i have had this problem long before i brought the hks turbo kit, its only that i have now stripped it to get to the bottom of the problem i have found out what as happened

sypher

Hi can I ask why you took the engine appart?
What was the AFR on a seperate wideband?
Was the boost stable / strong all the way above 4.5K RPM?
What is fuel pressure, unregulated and at highest boost pressure?
was the O2 signal, coolant temp voltage and MAF voltage nominal?

Stu..

1&onlygti-r

the afr hit 10.1 on the rolling road when it came on boost,
the boost was stable all the way,
all sensors were fine,
fuel pressure was check twice by hiteq

CruiseGTi-R

What is the problem with the engine now you've stripped it? Just a bit messy or significant other damage?

I assume this problem developed after Ian's?

1&onlygti-r

there was nothing wrong with the engine itself just the way the management was set up , now got to rebuild and clean the bottom end