lack of power over 4500rpm

1&onlygti-r

any one help starting to **** me off now. my power upto 4500rpm is great but then feels really flat after. any ideas theres no fault codes

1&onlygti-r

the curve on the rolling road power grapth is brilliant goes straight up to 4500rpm then just dies of really bad. shall i check the timing and can this be done with the engine in

J

jpward

1&onlygti-r said:
the curve on the rolling road power grapth is brilliant goes straight up to 4500rpm then just dies of really bad. shall i check the timing and can this be done with the engine in

You having a laugh yeah!

check the timing to see if its to far advanced possibility the cars picking up DET and if your boost is a little high also will make the ECU retard the timing thus making a rush to 4.5k then sluggish increase

1&onlygti-r

the apexi power fc is picking up no det timing is correct been playing up since re built then mapping heres my spec. only made 318bhp with 1.5bar boost.
Knife edge crank
H section rods
forged pistons
polished and ported head
Hks head gasket
Hks 264 cams
Hks 1000cc injectors
garrett gt3076r turbo
oz giken twin plate clutch kit
quaife gear box
z32 afm
apexi power fc management
forge front mount intercooler
Hks 280lt fuel pump

need it sorting asap as i want to go to the ten of the best trial

D

danmo

Not too sure what it could be, but 318 is the sort of power u would get on a standard turbo at 1.2 bar, so maybe look int ur turbo and the pipes for boost leeks etc, maybe the connection of the manifold.
Hope thats of some use

1&onlygti-r

hiteq fitted the new turbo with a 3" hand made exhaust system and turbo elbow so there should be no leaks there or turbo problems as it was brand new could it be the mapping would the mapping make you lose approx 100bhp if wrong

J

jpward

1000cc seams a bit of an over kill to me on the injectors and yeah id say your loosing a bag of horse's somewhere, the map now looks a likely spot as timing is ok and no DET showing up!

1&onlygti-r

ian at hiteq is convinced its not the mapping he told me to use 1000cc injectors. do you think its worth checking timing and is it a bitch to do with the engine in

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
1&onlygti-r said:
ian at hiteq is convinced its not the mapping he told me to use 1000cc injectors. do you think its worth checking timing and is it a bitch to do with the engine in

I think 1000 cc injectors are OTT as well, 700cc maybe but it all depends on what sort of power you are heading for.

So what does Ian think problem is ???

P

powerfreack

had a simmlar problem mate and it was due to there was a realy small crack in the manifold it would be ok in first gear but then all the rest of the gears it would back of around 4500-5000rpm i did not notice any diffrence in noise because it was so small and that i run a externeal wastgate so i would say check your wastgate

olso check your wastgate for any leaks or brocken wastegate as that would olso cause the same afects
olso have you checked your exuast retard valve is ok and not sticking

just a idea and hope it helps

1&onlygti-r

hiteq fitted a brand new turbo and hks wastegate so guessing thats all ok it just seems like it over fuelling on boost but why when hiteq keep saying the map is ok

I

Ian.H

Why are you saying I told you to fit 1000cc injectors ,you know full well thats not true .

You put together your own spec , you supplied your our parts , you built the engine yourself , how come its all our fault ?
Yes , we did fit a turbo later on , but as you know that was only because of what you had done to the turbo you fitted .

Fom the data you sent me your AFR is approx 10.5 : 1 , ok slightly rich , but that could easily be down to the dyno conditions , if you think you are going to gain over 100 bhp by resetting the AFR to 11.5 : 1 or 12 : 1 , then you are just kidding yourself .

Ian

Hiteq Performance

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Ian.H said:
Why are you saying I told you to fit 1000cc injectors ,you know full well thats not true .

You put together your own spec , you supplied your our parts , you built the engine yourself , how come its all our fault ?
Yes , we did fit a turbo later on , but as you know that was only because of what you had done to the turbo you fitted .

Fom the data you sent me your AFR is approx 10.5 : 1 , ok slightly rich , but that could easily be down to the dyno conditions , if you think you are going to gain over 100 bhp by resetting the AFR to 11.5 : 1 or 12 : 1 , then you are just kidding yourself .

Ian

Hiteq Performance
Always 2 sides to every story :?

I find it amasing how some owners think they no better than Qualified, time served experianced technicians :roll:

P

powerfreack

i would say 1000cc injectores are ott unless you are running big bhp
you can get 450bhp out of 550cc injectors and 600bhp out of 700cc injectors as for the mapping i would say its good as ian nowes his stuff i would say he is problay on of the most knolegeble tunners when it comes to pulsars just look at how many [pepole recemend them for top class work done and as most pepole will no its not the easyist job mapping with 1000cc injectors anyway
by the sounds of it all hiteq did was map it and fit a new turbo for you so cant be much wrong with that but like stevepudley said theres 2 sides to every story

1&onlygti-r

hold on a minute Ian when i originally told you what i wanted you advised me what to use i never said i wanted 1000cc injectors thats what you said. when i told you what i was doing you told me to have these. as your the expect i went on what you said. im not saying that i will gain that much power by altering the fuel but there is something wrong with the map. When you had the car to map you said it felt flat so you charged me over £4000 to put it right ie turbo, exhaust, actuator etc. the car is still flat so what have you solved apart from a big hole in my pocket.

O

Odin

1&onlygti-r said:
hold on a minute Ian when i originally told you what i wanted you advised me what to use i never said i wanted 1000cc injectors thats what you said. when i told you what i was doing you told me to have these. as your the expect i went on what you said. im not saying that i will gain that much power by altering the fuel but there is something wrong with the map. When you had the car to map you said it felt flat so you charged me over £4000 to put it right ie turbo, exhaust, actuator etc. the car is still flat so what have you solved apart from a big hole in my pocket.
I think this is something you and Ian should sort out between the pair of you, And not on a public forum :roll: . I don't think its fair on Ian at all.

I've meet Ian once and he came across as a very helpful chap indeed, Also the membership as a whole holds him in high regard. I'm sure he is willing to help you solve this problem mate so why not go and have a chat with him yourself face to face.

Anymore of this and I'll lock/delete this thread.

Rob