L.S.D front

red reading

I got my nismo front and centre diffs from a guy in Malaysia I think, "cmng" or something like that.It was a long time ago but he seemed to be able get more.
Dan, I wasn't slating the PG, just having a dig at Rob.
I know si, i just get fed up with people comenting without trying the differant products

jjs

hi i fitted the modena one to my autocross car is excellent off road seems to have a lot less understeer and more drive out the corners havent tried it on the road though, best £650.00 ive spent on the car , im sure str motorsport has one up for sale on the mods site

gtircrazy

I have front centre and back nismo LSD's took me 2.5 years to find them!!

Billy has a rear nismo LSD for sale at the moment.

gtircrazy

I have only fitted the front and rear at this stage, Cournering is alittle intense on the seal the steering wheel has alot of pull when pointing the car were you want it to go. But thats no problem. Grips really well though! Will wait for a aftermarket gearbox before putting the centre in i figured i needed some slip some where in the drive chain for now to save the standard box

red reading

Wait till you fit them all together, the car bangs and knocks (drivetrain wind up) like you would'nt belive, makes them handle alot better though...........less understeer,i too have all the diffs

Spikey

I had a 2 way Kaaz on my silvia and i Loved it... I miss that kind of control on my Pulsar.

gtircrazy

Yeah, I've always wondered what it would drive like with the centre diff in. We have had a few of them in the past but have never fitted them as they fetch such good money on the market. Especially back a few years ago from the rally boys as they were so dam hard to find. I currently have 2 of them. The only two i have ever seen for sale this side of the world.

What sort of gear box are you running mate?

Wait till you fit them all together, the car bangs and knocks (drivetrain wind up) like you would'nt belive, makes them handle alot better though...........less understeer,i too have all the diffs

skiddusmarkus

Yeah, I've always wondered what it would drive like with the centre diff in. We have had a few of them in the past but have never fitted them as they fetch such good money on the market. Especially back a few years ago from the rally boys as they were so dam hard to find. I currently have 2 of them. The only two i have ever seen for sale this side of the world.

I had one in and Danny had it off me.It definitely makes the car more focused and I found it wasn't for me as the car clicks/bangs at low speeds when maneuvering.When I sold it, I tried to make this clear to anyone who wanted to buy it as it can be quite a shock when it 1st happens.In the end Danny had it and I knew he knew exactly what he was getting as he is clued up about these things so all was good.
I'd say for a road car, don't bother but if you want to track/drag it then go for it.

Do you know how the modena one works? and what happens with them on bumpy roads? have you tried any of them to offer your wise words?
I have sold mine but have driven a friend's gtir with one and works very well.
Never tried the phantom grip but I don t expect it to be as good

And yes, I know how a torsen LSD works,but people, please do not take care about my comments I am a 10 years old child with no driving licence and no experience.just ask Danny, he knows everything

red reading

A PAR 1st to 4th syncro straight cut with a quaife 5th and a PPG straight cut final drive with the nismo centre diff......bit noisey for a road car really but it doe the job, it has got billet steel syncro hubs too. will eventually get of my arse and fit the brace to it and the bearing conversion i made.

red reading

And yes, I know how a torsen LSD works,but people, please do not take care about my comments I am a 10 years old child with no driving licence and no experience.just ask Danny, he knows everything

I don't know everything but i have been building them longer than you have been wanking over them. my comment was over the fact a phantom grip DOES have an effect and you would know if you had tried one...........but you have'nt so you cant comment.

The old saying is don't knock it till you try it...... and i have and will state again for the £250 it costs for the special order one and to fit it is very good for the money

I have never tested a phantom grip, and have never said it does not work.The guy was asking for an LSD, I just gave him two options

hillgtir

thanks for input guys bought phantom grip conversion at the start of the year ,been running it this season hillclimbing,and had some great results lots of p,b and a few class wins only issue i have with it, is that in the wet it has increased the dreadid understeer...

red reading

try raising the rear ride height and softening the damping on the front in the wet as i have found that to work.

gtircrazy

That sounds impressive mate. Mixing up the gear manufactures! We have had a custom 4 speed streight cut gear set made. Hoping to start sorting out selector forks ect soon. Just waiting for that ever running out money to come back :p

A PAR 1st to 4th syncro straight cut with a quaife 5th and a PPG straight cut final drive with the nismo centre diff......bit noisey for a road car really but it doe the job, it has got billet steel syncro hubs too. will eventually get of my arse and fit the brace to it and the bearing conversion i made.

red reading

That sounds impressive mate. Mixing up the gear manufactures! We have had a custom 4 speed streight cut gear set made. Hoping to start sorting out selector forks ect soon. Just waiting for that ever running out money to come back :p
Nice, who made your set then?

gtircrazy

I gental man called Reg Cook who is a nissan god here in New Zealand.

He recentaly went to the salt lake flats and took the front wheel drive 2l class for the land speed record. He also built both my race engines. Knows the SR and RB engines very well and was the austrilisa NME driver for a number of years as well!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC0hoW3zpso&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvEVjpS7ha8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLj3hNsKhK4&feature=related

The man is a rally legand, mechanical legand and a peice of nissan history in New Zealand himself. He has taught me a massive amount about gti-rs and the SR in general. He is constantly developing the SR engine and has over 1 million dollars worth of gear alone in his workshop/dream nissan play ground.

mikexgtir

i have a front lsd dont no what make or condition but it came in a bag of bits i bought from japan.has a series of plates enclosed in a casing.