L.S.D front

hillgtir

hi iam after a front lsd if any one can help please mail me a contact number on here thanks, hillgtir

skiddusmarkus

Think Modena make one and there's those pikey pseudo diffs which modify the standard one, can't remember what they're called but John Doe has it done.

Spikey

So the front Diff is in the Transfer box. So all i need really is a transfer box of on Rb Model. :)

red reading

I have both, phantom grip (which does have an effect,i have been trying it on my car) and i have a nismo front too.............. bid's start at £600

red reading

it does work dave, not as good as a proper lsd but it does help...... i like to try everything before i judge........unlike others

watoga

The only problem for me is my lack of knowledge on gearboxes! LOL! I take it the gearbox needs to be stripped to install the Phantom Grip?

Cheers,
Dave

watoga

Ah yes...................... I keep forgetting the front diff is in the transfer box (even though I've read it a thousand times)!

I'll maybe give it a go sometime when I've got the engine out. What's the worst that could happen? LOL! :)

Dave

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is that actually better for some applications than a true LSD? Tight cornering for example; on a handling circuit?

red reading

Is that actually better for some applications than a true LSD? Tight cornering for example; on a handling circuit?
yes it is, the benefit i found is that the car is able to do this and is also more stable under accel and deccleration, and it is not as viscious as the plated diffs but not as loose as an open diff, and thats with the power i'm running, the phantom i have is not the standard off the shelf one it has higher rated spring pressure.

fast eddy

I run the Phantom grip in my Metro. It makes enough difference to be worthwhile and cost effective.&nbsp; I tried a Quafe and found it too aggressive, loads of pull on the wheel and it did not want to turn under power.<BR><BR>Eddy

Last edited:

skiddusmarkus

I got my nismo front and centre diffs from a guy in Malaysia I think, "cmng" or something like that.It was a long time ago but he seemed to be able get more.
Dan, I wasn't slating the PG, just having a dig at Rob.