K20 GTR.. black sunny gtir??

5GTIR

What an idiot!. Firstly why buy a car that you cant afford, the insurance on a modded R for a 19 year old would be crazy, and secondly its just a shame because that car looked like a really good one. So much had clearly gone into it, just for some little p***k to bugger it up. What an arse!

Roy Archer

That is my old car and I sold it to Yumen and it was a very good example, I cant believe you would lend someone your car after only owning it for 3 days!!!!! Hopefully is not completly fooked. I think that price is very expensive, however, as said 15k of receipts so has had a lot done to it.

i will give you 3k to get it back:)

Last edited:

John

Well its a shame that such a mint car has been messed around with. I mean who in there right mind buys a car and lends it to there mate who thinks mucking around with all the settings on the car is a wise idea....

...then claims they are selling the car because they cant afford the upkeep, only days after the car has been heavily abused!

k20 gtr

My poor car, been sold twice in 5 weeks and now trying to be sold for a third time. Every single owner of that car put so much time love and effort into it, it was clearly evident by the paper work, if it wasent a modified part it was a genuine nissan part. Then a bunch of tubes buy it that should still be running around in 1.4 corsas, woooooooooooowwwwwwww electronics i'll play with that and it will have 5000bhp the rolling road guys would never have been able to set this up as good as i can. Then i'll boot it about the town with out my insurance cos i bought the car without checking how much it would cost!

D

Darren-gtir

What the ****. I can afford insurance, infact am only £154 a month fully comp will an agreed value.. but £120 in petrol in 5 days, how the **** can I afford that?? and no i havent been driving it hard, but to and from work (so rarely using boost, due to it been cold) and i have fuel bills like that. my old astra turbo use to last a month with £100 of petrol. and lets be fair a car like this is hardly a work horse is it... i swapped my astra turbo for this car, but decided its not suitable for my needs and i dont want to ruin a perfectly good car, so put it up for sale to let someone else enjoy it.

its sitting on my girlfriends driveway hasnt turned a wheel this week i dont think... if it doesnt sell by the new year ill be keeping it and getting the two spots of rust sorted out (already had it to the bodyshop for a quote) am not really fussed either way, if i sell its a bonus as could use the money if not ill just get the bodywork done and enjoy it over summer.

D

Darren-gtir

My poor car, been sold twice in 5 weeks and now trying to be sold for a third time. Every single owner of that car put so much time love and effort into it, it was clearly evident by the paper work, if it wasent a modified part it was a genuine nissan part. Then a bunch of tubes buy it that should still be running around in 1.4 corsas, woooooooooooowwwwwwww electronics i'll play with that and it will have 5000bhp the rolling road guys would never have been able to set this up as good as i can. Then i'll boot it about the town with out my insurance cos i bought the car without checking how much it would cost!
Ha ha, I had my astra gsi when i was 18 and it was 100% legal, insured in my name, mods declared, i use to drive it will respect, didnt hammer about the streets or shit like that... infact am against young drivers in 1.2 corsa's that race about as much as anyone on here. just because am young doesnt mean am like that! i take great care of the gtir... i lent it to a family member that i thought i could trust... i didnt expect him to mess up the apexi. and boot it around town with no insurance?? i can easy post up a pic of my insurance... like i said i swapped my astra gsi turbo for this as i thought its what i wanted but driving a car like this to and from work is a waste IMO. it wouldnt be so bad but i dont even do 2 miles to get to and from work, to me doing that in a tuned gtir isnt good but hey we all think different.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
bad time of year to sell TBH, maybe get those spots of rust sorted, that is such a nice and rare car that maybe you just haven't appreciated it yet.

but selling it so quickly after getting it does sound fishy

D

Darren-gtir

Well its a shame that such a mint car has been messed around with. I mean who in there right mind buys a car and lends it to there mate who thinks mucking around with all the settings on the car is a wise idea....

...then claims they are selling the car because they cant afford the upkeep, only days after the car has been heavily abused!
I can asure you thats not the case. My insurance deposit was the first 3 months payment, along with my bills its left me with not a £ to my name for a whole month, hence i guessed it would work out better selling it as i dont use it much.

Yes, ill admit i lent it out as stated above to what i thought was a trusted family member who adjusted the apexi settings. I took it to wallace performance in aberdeen to reset the apexi. I last had the car out the night i got it reset and it was running spot on. Running 11psi as it was before when I bought the car, exhaust temp gauge was reading spot on.

vss irvine

its your car mate, do what you want with it.

but if your looking for sympathy this is the wrong place to be posting.

and i would keep these 'mishaps' to yourself if your planning on selling the car, as you can see it has a serious effect on asking prices.

we all make mistakes, so unless your willing to take the comments and laugh at yourself , the worst thing you can do is broadcast it.

John

its your car mate, do what you want with it.

but if your looking for sympathy this is the wrong place to be posting.

and i would keep these 'mishaps' to yourself if your planning on selling the car, as you can see it has a serious effect on asking prices.

we all make mistakes, so unless your willing to take the comments and laugh at yourself , the worst thing you can do is broadcast it.
Yup, anyone could tell you a GTi-R with even light mods wont get good fuel mileage and wont be cheap to insure, hence why most people only use it as a second car at the weekend.

I mean what sort of mileage are you doing to spend so much in 5days?!

I mean my R hovers around the 10mpg mark but I accept this as it only gets used at weekends, I think as the market is so crap right now you should really weigh up whether its worthwhile selling and whether or not you can cut back on your miles your doing every week.

rx jamie

if works 2 miles away i would just walk or cycle it. any car of any make will not even be upto temperature in 2 miles and your just ****ing the engine

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
but £120 in petrol in 5 days, how the **** can I afford that?? and no i havent been driving it hard, but to and from work (so rarely using boost, due to it been cold) and i have fuel bills like that.

it wouldnt be so bad but i dont even do 2 miles to get to and from work,

So you're doing 20miles per week and using £120 of fuel to do it.

Say £1.06 per gallon, that's 113.2litres to do 20miles or 1.2gallons to the mile.:shock:

I think you're telling porkies.

You car should struggle to even run if it's using that much fuel. There would be masses of black smoke coming out of the rear end and you'd be killing the engine slowly but surely.

I've done about 90miles driving gently when my clutch fork broke and the gauge said I'd used about 1/8th of a tank, maybe 1.5gallons.

I do alot of short journeys, shorter than yours and I only use about £10 per week.

5GTIR

So you're doing 20miles per week and using £120 of fuel to do it.

Say £1.06 per gallon, that's 113.2litres to do 20miles or 1.2gallons to the mile.:shock:

I think you're telling porkies.

You car should struggle to even run if it's using that much fuel. There would be masses of black smoke coming out of the rear end and you'd be killing the engine slowly but surely.

I've done about 90miles driving gently when my clutch fork broke and the gauge said I'd used about 1/8th of a tank, maybe 1.5gallons.

I do alot of short journeys, shorter than yours and I only use about £10 per week.
Nicely put. Response should be interesting