Japfest

gtirjoey

top fuel dragsters make you feel like your heart is gonna come out your chest the noise is awesome let alone the

M

mynheers_a_pint

i had a good day. Was nice to meet the people i did manage to chat to and a big thanks for the BBq :lol:

I got a few pics;

I meant to get more pics of this 240z but forgot-

:-D

J

justin666

[/IMG]

Who are those dodgy geezers hanging about my old R!?!?!?!?!?!?! :lol:

Nice to meet you Dan mate and glad to see the R is looking very well indeed :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I pretty much left after having a chat with ya as the i thought the show as a whole wasnt all that good this time round :cry: :cry:

Still, Was nice the see the Rs rippin up the track and a great selection on the show stand aswell :thumbsup: Excellent work guys :thumbsup:

laters

J.

nitrosgti-r

K9ng, yeah it was holding off the big boys, have a look on you tube. seen ur car but none of mine :( I think that the drifting was all every one wanted to see for some reason? Im loving the whiniong of the gearbox mate, whats the box like? Can you notice it etc? Also where did you get ur car tuned mate? I need to get mine done again after fitting a new clutch soon but i dont want to use interpro as i want a good job done and some time spent on it to get the max from the mods etc.

kenan, nice pics mate, my missus chucled that u didnt take pics of the other on the the side lol :D I would agree the spot was crap but maybe thats down to late organising?? I did post up about 3 months b4 japfest but, as usual was left till last minuate, but at least we did get a stand i guess?? Yeah we were eating burgers and watchin the action etc but would have been nice to chat to a few others to get some ideas etc. maybe next time?

Coffey, were u the welsh chap to my left with the water injection? Tbh, we were so busy geting things sorted etc we didnt talk to many ppl but hopfully next year we will. lol get ur pics up mate :D

Pat, yes the brakes held out well mate, not sure how much meat i have left on them till i check this wknd but i had no fade at all from them and could have pushed them further. But where i used the gay 10mm spacers the wheels felt like they wanted to fall off so i didnt give them too much stick. need to rectify this as i think i can get away with 5mm spacers, or even better, new wheels, pref multi spoke 18" jobbers as i like the multi spoke and i can get cheap 18" semi slick tyres :) Has the money cleared yet mate?

dobby, why post such a negative post? lol

gtirjoey, why post so many posts??? dragsters are shit and straight line boring ;)

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
nitrosgti-r said:
When Is The Next Event?
The next event is JTS at silverstone on june 22nd at silverstone. Because there wasn't enough people wanting to go you either have to book your own spot/stand for one car or park in the public car park!

K9ng

Nitro-I have my car tuned at Motorworx, mapped by a friend of Carls' , Steve Saddler at FC Tuning, very knowledgable. Soon to be going back for remap next week when 3071 is fitted :-D
The gearbox makes the same whining noise inside the car, but you get used to it.

Shall be at Combe again in 3 weeks Retro and Sports car action day.
I reckon the Pulsar is Retro enough :lol: would be good to see some R's there :thumbsup:

P.S What clutch have you put in you R? And what power are you running?

nitrosgti-r

K9ng. i very in ore of your mods mate, i have the 3071 tubby and its a nice mod, you notice the diffs :) Would your tuner be able to tune mine on a standard ecu with mines daughterboard in and an avcr and safc etc?

Ill be up for the castle combe event for sure!! Will check there site now.....

Iv not bought a clutch yet and am still unsure what to go for but i want be running 400 odd hp and i want a light weight flywheel also, any ideas? Im running 318hp at then mo as the clutch slipped out on the rr's and couldnt take it any further so only got mapped at 1.1 bar on the 3071 tubby

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
nitrosgti-r said:
When Is The Next Event?
next weekend brett jts im going over friday tenting up 4 the wknd with 15 other cars from dtdirl.com we have a stand so if any 1 wants 2 pop along ur welcome oh and popin up 2 the pod on saturday for a few runs :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

no mun gone trough yet m8 :der: :der: :doh:

C

Coffey

nitrosgti-r:

No I wasnt the welsh guy with the water injection mate. My car is the 1 with the so called dodgy geezers stood around it in that pic and im from down in good old Devon :)

Justin666:
Those dodgy geezers are 2 people I know from when I had my MR2's and they wanted to have a look at the car :) The bloody gear box blew up the other day mate :( kinda sucked and is a pretty big bill to fix it but have bought the box now and its getting fitted on the 3rd so its just sat on my drive at the mo and im borrowing my girlfriends parents Espace lol :)

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Sorry to hear about the box mate :(

After a bill like that you should really keep it :)

K9ng

Nitro-Sounds good at 1.1 bar. Am hoping my clutch will hold out.
What clutch do you have thats slipping?
Steve is able to Map your standard ecu, he done Red Readings'
Theres info on Combe website regarding the action day.
Myself and a few friends are hoping to sort out a little stand,
if we do your welcome to join us.

C

Coffey

Kenan:
I know after a bill like that I should really be keeping it mate but I cant :( wish I could as I love the car loads but I need to sort my money out at the mo as its not looking very good and I really need to get it all sorted so I can get a house by just after the summer next year. Theres no way a can save for a house without selling her :( I will miss her loads though its such a great car to drive always puts a smile on my face :)

nitrosgti-r

Pat, have the bank been in contact with you at all? I might actually go to jts aswell, providing i finish work at all this week! lol, but if i do then ill bring that money with me cos i need this deal closed now. I prob wont bring the R tho as i cant afford to race it for a few weekends so ill take my birds car to keep the costs down :) See you there i spect mate.

coffey, sorry i didnt see you mate, i was prob in a world of me own as usual and i was a bit tired too as iv been workin all the hours god sends and quite stressfull gettin every thing sorted for japfest when im like 400 miles away driving a fkin great lorry lol. im from bridgy mate so i spect ill see you in a south meet if one ever happens lol.

k9ng, what clutch do you have? Im not sure what clutch i have as, to cut a long story short, i got shafted on a clutch, flywheel and a knife edge crank and it turned out the clutch isnt far off standard, if not totally standard, i should have listned to mark turbo!

Where is this chap Steve based mate? interested in getting my car to him, i might get the greddy emanage soon too :)

Iv had a look at the combe web site and me and the birds up for that classic day. What session are you running in? I was going to go for the modern classic section and book the 13:30 time? Yeah thats kind of you to welcome us to your stand mate, looking foward to that.

K9ng

Nitro, I have a Helix organic clutch, fingers crossed it holds out with the new mods ;-) Unsure as to what sessions to book yet. Was going to book three, one morning and two afternoon. Your more than welcome to park on the stand, the more the merrier :thumbsup: