Is this turbo fooked ???

Adam L

That turbo will be fine. I've had worse damage on turbo's from my old cars, mainly due to the fact I chose not to run air filters a couple of times.

It won't whistle, although the shaft will be minimuly be out of balance, it won't affect the turbo's performance though.

Garrett shafts and comp wheels never seen to balance up very well out of the factory anyway, so something like that isn't going to cause a problem, as they're pretty resiliant. A new compressor kit is available, but I don't know how much they cost, and I think they come with the compressor housing too.

Last edited:

noriek2003

pulsar-gtir said:
IF YOU EVEN HAD HALF AN R TO TALK ABOUT THEN I MIGHT BE NICE ENOUGH TO LISTEN TO YOUR RETARDED LITTLE COMMENTS BUT AS YOUR THE NEWBIE BEST YOU BLOW ME!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i apologise for being so stupid that i wondered how part of the turbine wheel will get sucked into the intake side of the engine and bow down to your superior intellect and knowledge :hail:

P

pulsar-gtir

noriek2003 said:
i apologise for being so stupid!! I should bow down to your superior intellect and knowledge Because i've got little a penis!! :hail:
So True!!! :humble: :humble: :humble: :humble:

:focus:

noriek2003

maybe you could explain to some us that aren't as clever as you how bits of turbine wheel can get sucked into the intake side ?

P

pulsar-gtir

Right take the intake pipe of the turbo(With the car running!!) and jam the fatest screwdriver you can find into the turbine. Then try and find where the bits end up!!

Maybe you could take piccy's and add to the "How to section".

And don't go looking for a left handed screwdriver!!!!

noriek2003

thanks but im still not getting it....

i really dont see the point of taking the air intake off to get at the turbine wheel.. :noidea: ..maybe i really am thick :doh: but the way im thinking is that i would need to have arms like mister tickle or a very short exhaust pipe to get a screwdriver anywhere near the turbine wheel :noidea:

P

pulsar-gtir

noriek2003 said:
:noidea: ..maybe i really am thick and love men
.......... strange man!!!! ....:lol:

Now mongtard The picture in the first post is of.......................The intake turbine?????
Is that why your so confused!! Ahhhh Bless.....

noriek2003

you mean compressor wheel right ?

hopefully (i doubt it though) you'll drop the asshat act for one second and actually try to learn something...

you cant really have an intake turbine it doesn't intake anything, by its very nature a turbine is a driven wheel that takes the energy of a moving gas or liquid and turns it into a rotary motion....in our case with a turbo the turbine is driven by exhaust gases, the compressor wheel on the other end of the shaft uses the rotary motion created by the turbine wheel to intake and compress air, forcing it into the engine.

hence you cant have bits of turbine wheel going into the intake, you'd have bits of compressor wheel, which is whats shown in the picture...unless the whole turbo manufacturing world is wrong and its really called an intake turbine and you were right all along

Last edited:
P

pulsar-gtir

I'm not saying that it's not called a compressor wheel!! I'm saying that if a part of the turbine blade(THE ONE IN THE PICTURE) came off where would it end up?????

Do you assume that the pressure made by the turbo get blasted straight out the exhaust without entering the eninge??.....Fook it i might aswell rip my intake manifold off to save weight as it's obviousley not doing feck all.!!!

noriek2003

pulsar-gtir said:
I'm not saying that it's not called a compressor wheel!! I'm saying that if a part of the turbine blade(THE ONE IN THE PICTURE) came off where would it end up?????
its the compressor wheel in the picture :doh::lol: its not a turbine, never has been, never will be.

the turbine wheel is on the hotside, i.e exhaust side, if the turbine shat itself it will spit bits of turbine out of the exhaust, they will end up on the floor

Do you assume that the pressure made by the turbo get blasted straight out the exhaust without entering the eninge??
Fook it i might aswell rip my intake manifold off to save weight as it's obviousley not doing feck all.!!!
now you're just being silly..:der:

its not me having trouble with the concept of intake (compressor side) and exhaust (turbine side) :lol:

you should try not being such a forum jerk off, being a forum jerk off only works when you know what your talking about, you clearly dont, but it doesn't really impress anyone anyways :yawn:

noriek2003

gtirjoey said:
I would of thought any bits that came off worth worrying bout would get trapped in intercooler?
the majority would, but small bits can get through, has been known to happen, dont forget how fast the compressor wheel is spinning :shock:

Adam L

noriek2003 said:
the majority would, but small bits can get through, has been known to happen, dont forget how fast the compressor wheel is spinning :shock:
I've never heard of it happening, and I work in the turbo trade. Usually when a compressor wheel is badly damaged you can feel it in the way the car drives, so naturally you back off the throttle. The turbo then surges and spits the discharge back into the intake pipe. That's the most likely place you're going to find any broken particles.

noriek2003

it has been known to happen on some drag cars running very high boost, you dont get time to back off in a drag car, when shit hits the fan:shtf:

Adam L

noriek2003 said:
it has been known to happen on some drag cars running very high boost, you dont get time to back off in a drag car, when shit hits the fan:shtf:
So, you've moved from road cars to drag cars to try and prove something. Which I still don't beleive, as the compressor wheel is only soft aly anyway, it's hardly going to cause mass destruction.

noriek2003

im not trying to prove anything, if you, or anyone else don't believe its ever happened, so be it, no sweat.

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

pulsar-gtir said:
AND NOW THE MODS WILL BAN THIS ACCOUNT BUT WHO GIVE 3 FOOKS AS I'M UNDER TWO OTHER USERNAMES.....
Hopefully they wont ban you. Every forum needs a resident c0ck to provide amusment for others :lol: