info/advice from front mount owners wanted

Keira

stu, surely you'd be better off deciding what power your aiming for and start searching through manufacturers intercooler specs for pressure drop, flow, what power it will support etc.etc. If you cant find it ask them, they make them for a living so will have a better idea of whats what.

I highly doubt anyone on here has actually tried different intercoolers back to back with inlet and outlet temps being measured so can only give their own opinion, which isn't exactly a scientifically based recommendation is it :wink:

coxie

:D good call kieron.

tbh i am going to get the hiteq kit after some thinking and come to the conclusion i dont like the others for the following reasons(imho)

forge-dont like the tubbie outlet pipe and the fact the towing hook has to be moved.

spec-r- dont like the old kit cos of the pipework and dont think to much of the new kit althought the pipe run looks cool

pace-had a pace kit before and just dont like them tooo thin and pipe work angles are crap. even then i modded my pace kit to custom fit and it was still to thin in the core department.

blitz-just dont like the kit but the core is nice and thick.

hybrid kit-just unproven as far as i'm aware

then theres the hiteq/hks kit which as far as i can see and have known the core is quite thick,pipe run is nice with no bad bends and the cost difference between this kit and customising another kit to suit probably levels itslef out. :D

E

Edd

Mr GTiR said:
Blitz twin core, if it's good enough for Habib and his 500bhp+ car then it should handle most boost levels we will put through it.
shame he didnt think it was up to the job and has ordered a drag core :wink:

coxie

my main concern is not its power rating but the fact one of the pipes does a tight 180 degree turn either entering or exiting the cooler. :? :? :? :shock:

G

GTI-R

Hi Coxie,

I'm over the moon with my ND kit, however, the only other alternative I would consider is the HKS Hiteq kit that Kev (gtirpulsar) has - that core is THICK!

coxie

cheers caleb for your input.that is the kit i am going to purchase.....i did say earlier i was inpressed with yours and chrisnisses figures which have been acheived on nd's cooler,pipe run is fantastic. :D

but i decided that the hks/hiteq is a fair price from what i recall for the hardware suppied , and the cooler would fit my bumper cut out to a tee. 8)

Keira

I believe ashills has one of those for his evo, looked very good indeed, nice 3"inlet and outlets 8)