info/advice from front mount owners wanted

coxie

right basically i am beginning a complete resto job on my r and have sold off most of the tuning parts on it.so what i would like to know is what front mount do you have as i am going to have to purchase a new kit soon=

what do you think of the new spec-r front mount kit. :?:
is it home made if so what does it consist of :?:
how laggy is it :?:
what is best-long pipe run with smooth curves like hiteq's hks kit or short pipe run like nd/spec-r :?:
what difference does length of pipe make :?:
i notice from the site that caleb and chrisniss both got good figures using nd's cooler/good bhp and torque-will the cooler contribute to this. :?:

please post up your experiences and pitfalls with your front mount kit.

E

Edd

Well i had hiteq's front mount kit fitted to mine, running 0.9 bar

due to an accident :evil:

i am now running a standard top mount

the car is slower and laggier with a top mount on :shock:

and no i dont have any boost leaks

also the car only hits 93% injector duty instead of 100% even though running the same boost

nismoboy

I have the hiteq`s hks front mount kit (cheers edd) and its superb :) my charge temperature is always under 10 degrees. I know its expensive but its definatly worth it and if your gonna be running big boost then u must not cut corners on cooling.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Coxie said:
right basically i am beginning a complete resto job on my r and have sold off most of the tuning parts on it.so what i would like to know is what front mount do you have as i am going to have to purchase a new kit soon=

what do you think of the new spec-r front mount kit. :?:
is it home made if so what does it consist of :?:
how laggy is it :?:
what is best-long pipe run with smooth curves like hiteq's hks kit or short pipe run like nd/spec-r :?:
what difference does length of pipe make :?:
i notice from the site that caleb and chrisniss both got good figures using nd's cooler/good bhp and torque-will the cooler contribute to this. :?:

please post up your experiences and pitfalls with your front mount kit.

Go with the Hiteq - HKS kit... Just change the turbo out pipe for a forge one... :wink:

Rishi

coxie

8) hiteq's kit is superb looking and well engineered :D

I have the hiteq`s hks front mount kit (cheers edd) and its superb my charge temperature is always under 10 degrees. I know its expensive but its definatly worth it and if your gonna be running big boost then u must not cut corners on cooling.
thats all very well but is it laggy
what turbo do you run

i would just like to read the pro's and cons of most kits.

chrisniss91

ND's iirc has the shortest and most direct no silly bends, have suffered no lag either with it :) Quite hard to fit, (i didnt do it )

E

Edd

coxie i have just posted that a top mount is laggier than the hiteq kit so it should be pretty good and lag shouldnt be an issue :wink:

Davey

Ive got an r33 trust front mount, with long, sweeping pipe work made up by me (sort of)
didnt notice any more lag, and car seems to have a little torque (although it only made 240 ish lb/ft at powerstation :cry: )
Mikey also had this kit, with a bigger turbo, and didnt notice any more lag :D

Tony

i`ve got the pace front mount kit (piped from the bottom) and noticed no lag even running 0.5bar it seems to have gave it a bit more poke but i aint driven the car for 4months!!!! its quite thin so i guess it`s gonna give minimal lag anyhow!!!

no cutting of the car and i fitted it and piped it up in about 2hours!!!!

Tony....

Tony

You used all the cores like Matty :?:

This 1 has had 2bar running thru it and has been proven on the track to work with out problems!!

Tony....

Mr GTiR

Blitz twin core, if it's good enough for Habib and his 500bhp+ car then it should handle most boost levels we will put through it.