Huge Spec Pulsar GTi-R

Now that I have my GTR Skyline, the time has come to sell the pocket rocket.

1991 Nissan Pulsar GTi-R, just over 70,000 miles, excellent condition. Standard equipment includes: Climate control, power steering, electrically adjustable folding mirrors, ABS, electric windows, central locking (remote via alarm). The airconditioning has been removed (pump, bracket and pipework) due to massive intercooler pipework. I will be adding a fresh MOT this coming week (booked in for Wednesday, should pass with no probs). Tax runs out at the end of this month, but I'm sure I could come to an arrangement with a buyer to rectify/compensate that.

Modifications as follows:

Engine:
• CP forged pistons
• Lightened & balanced crank
• Eagle conrods
• Ported & polished head
• Greddy 1.2mm head gasket
• GT28RS roller-bearing turbo
• 24" x 12" x 4" intercooler with 3” outlets
• Polished 3” Intercooler pipework
• Tomei 264 cams, pulleys & valve springs
• MSD 700cc injectors
• Custom fuel rail
• Mocal 13-row oil cooler (top mounted)
• Uprated oil spray bars
• A’pexi AVC-R
• HKS SSQV
• Bosch 255 l/h fuel pump
• AEM 3” Dryflow synthetic filter (remote mounted)
• Custom-made 3” mandrel-bent turbo-back exhaust
• Motec M4 Pro ECU with serial flying lead for laptop (maps supplied)
• Launch control set up, anti-lag and traction control available also
• MAFS removed, MAP sensor fitted

Transmission:
• Quaife synchromesh helical close-ratio gearset
• OS Giken twin-plate clutch
• OS Giken lightweight flywheel
• B&M quickshift

Suspension & Steering:
• GAB adjustable shocks
• Whiteline springs
• Whiteline handling kit (poly bushed, ARBs etc)
• Cusco front strut brace
• Bumpsteer kit
• Hi-Spec “Monster” 6-pot callipers
• EBC Red Stuff front pads (EBC Part no. DP3002C)
• 310mm grooved front disks
• Braided brake hoses

Interior & Security:
• Clifford Concept 300 with remote start, window rollup & turbo timer
• Momo Fighter steering wheel
• Dash bulbs replaced with blue LEDs
• Autogauge smoked 30 psi boost gauge
• JVC 6x9s
• Carrozia 6.5” fronts

Exterior & Engine Styling:
• 17” gold Rota Boost alloys (7.2KG each), 45 offset, 5mm spacers
• Toyo T1-R 215x40x17 (fronts)
• Toyo T1-S 215x40x17 (rears)
• Front & rear indicators de-tango’d
• Clear side repeaters
• Silver bulbs in front, rear and side repeaters
• Laguna splitter

The last dyno was done by the previous owner and she made ~370bhp. I have finished off the spec that he started by adding the huge intercooler and 3" pipework, 3" exhaust. She is now ready for a large turbo (I have a 3076R, manifold and external wastegate that I'm sellng separately, discounted to the buyer of this car), and will likely see figures in the high 400s once remapped.

This is a serious car in exceptional all-round condition considering its year. The engine is sweet with oil pressure running at 4 bar when warm at cruising speeds. There is one (tiny) scab of rust on the driver's rear wheel arch but you have to get really close to see it. The interior is also in superb condition, original mats in place, seats clean with no bolster sagging, carpets excellent. The parcel shelf is also in one piece, no holes cut.

When I bought the car she had a flat Sunny bonnet fitted. I didn't much care for the look of this so I replaced it with a genuine Pulsar item. It was the wrong colour however and I did a temporary spray-job on it myself. This has just been professionally resprayed and now looks beautiful. I only mention it because the photos that I've linked to below were taken just before the bonnet was sprayed properly and hence it is a little dull.

The wheels and tyres were only fitted recently and have done less than 1500 miles. They are mint, no kerbing. I have receipts for just about everything that has been done to the car, totalling many thousands of pounds. Instruction manuals for the AVC-R and the Clifford alarm are also included.

Pics are linked to conserve bandwidth and make the thread load quicker.

Picture 1 Picture 2 Picture 3 Picture 4 Picture 5 Picture 6 Picture 7 Picture 8 Picture 9 Picture 10 Picture 11 Picture 12
Picture 13 Picture 14 Picture 15 Picture 16 Picture 17 Picture 18 Picture 19 Picture 20 Picture 21 Picture 22 Picture 23

Price is £6500. GT3076R plus manifold, external wastegate and flanges £750 if sold with the car. I will advertise this separately later if the buyer doesn't have it.

Absolutely no tyre-kickers, dreamers with no money, test-pilots, etc. You will be told to go away if I even remotely suspect that you aren't seriously interested in buying. The car is located on the Isle of Wight. I will knock off the ferry fare for whomever buys the car.

Questions? Email me via this link, PM me or call / text me on 07970 565431

Last edited:
O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
£6500!! Is that all?? WAY WAY WAY TOO CHEAP!!!

Rishi

You should buy it Rishi and kill two birds with one stone ;-) , Then you'd actually have a pulsar that runs :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

And you could also have a car to turn up to events in, That way keeping marcymarc happy :thumbsup: (BONUS) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Half tempted to by it as a spare.. But i want another RWD machine! GT3, M400 something like that.. Having just 1 GTiR is hard enough!!

Rishi

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
Half tempted to by it as a spare.. But i want another RWD machine! GT3, M400 something like that.. Having just 1 GTiR is hard enough!!

Rishi

Well you can always leave it with me :thumbsup: , I'll take it for a gentle drive once a week to keep it in top nick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

PaulB

fooking hell, that is top notch, pity nowt like this was around when i bought mine a year ago.

godd luck kidda, tis a steal at that price.

Swampy

Absolute bargain, tempted to see the bank manager, its just selling mine i cant be arsed with!
Good luck with the sale bud, hope you enjoy the skyline.

JIMMYBACK

this is a mint car people buy buy buy.............. i knew this car quite well when prkwan(albert) owned it.he only sold it as he had to go back to japan:sad:

Keira

deank93 said:
Tempting...i've just got a new job and a tasty pay rise, this would make a nice weekend toy.
you dont have the balls for a pulsar anymore you clio driving fag :lol:

if you do get it, bagsy i have the motec when your missus wants to move house again :lol:

Way too cheap, if anyone has the money they should snap this up quick style.
Any pics of the turbo and manifold as i currently have the turbo and manifold off mine and think this might look pretty good in it's place.

Braveheart

I'm about 7 grand into my car now and no where near that spec.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing if you get the message.

The GT3076R, wastegate, manifold, flanges and optional actuator (the turbo is actually an internally wastegated version, but I've wired the gate shut to allow for the external wastegate to be used instead. The wire can be easily removed should someone wish to revert back to an actuated turbo.

Notice that the manfold is very low-slung to allow for intercooler pipework to run over the top of it if necessary. It also has the flange at a slight angle which should allow the turbo's 4" inlet to clear the gearbox on a Pulsar. God-damn, I thought of everything. The wastegate flange on the manifold is at the front and probably wouldn't allow for direct fitment of the wastegate without fouling something (the rad potentially). The wastegate could be remote mounted however and a screamer pipe routed down and under the gearbox. That was my plan anyway.

I also included the 5-bolt - 3" converter so that the Pulsar's extremely restrictive turbo elbow can be ditched.

Last edited: